Govee vs Inkbird temperature and hygrometer??

PA2019

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
I’ve been using Sensorpush brand dual temperature/hygrometers now for 2 years and have had multiple rust/moisture issues. They recently came out with a moisture “resistant” version, but of course it costs $70. I need roughly 12-16 sensors which is a huge investment at $70 a pop.

I’ve been looking at inkbird and govee brands as alternative options, and wanted to hear anyones thoughts and their personal use in their setups, thanks.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Hey bud, I’ve been using the Govee ones for about 2 years now. I have at least a dozen of them. You have to change out the batteries about every 6 months or so but they have been working great for me. No issues with high humidity so far, I have 3 just for my incubators.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I'm using the govee ones with a base unit, and have been impressed so far.

Jamie

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
@jsheffield @G-stars do you guys hang them in the tanks or do they sit on the substrate surface? I’m wondering if suspending them would aid in reducing moisture buildup and some of the issues I’ve dealt with in my SensorPush experiences.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
@jsheffield @G-stars do you guys hang them in the tanks or do they sit on the substrate surface? I’m wondering if suspending them would aid in reducing moisture buildup and some of the issues I’ve dealt with in my SensorPush experiences.
I hand mine a few inches above the substrate to avoid their getting soaked or pooped on.

J

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Most of mine aren’t directly on any substrate, with the exception of the ones in the incubator. Those I’ll occasionally place inches away from the eggs on the substrate.