Grapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

YukiNatsuo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hi all

newbie here and i would like to ask something...

is it ok to feed my star tortoise grapes? i tried once and wenever i give it grapes or lettuce at the same time it prefers grapes...

anything wrong with this?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
The tort prefers the grape because it is sweet. That said, the star should should have very limited access to fruit of any type. Mine will get a fruit treat (small piece) about every 3 to 6 months. These are small adults. Now about the lettuce, it is almost useless. I feed mine weeds such as dandilions, plantain (the weed not fruit}, wild violets, grape leaves, and mulberry leaves and what ever grass they graze when out.

YukiNatsuo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Itort said:
The tort prefers the grape because it is sweet. That said, the star should should have very limited access to fruit of any type. Mine will get a fruit treat (small piece) about every 3 to 6 months. These are small adults. Now about the lettuce, it is almost useless. I feed mine weeds such as dandilions, plantain (the weed not fruit}, wild violets, grape leaves, and mulberry leaves and what ever grass they graze when out.

Hi Itort..
i cant seem to find such items here in Singapore....

thanks for the reply n help =)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Being from a temperate climate I am not familiar with most tropical fruits and vegetables. I can say if you have grapes, should have access to the leaves. What type of greens are eaten there? I have heard of banana leaves being used as food, perhaps this is a possible food source.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Itort said:
Being from a temperate climate I am not familiar with most tropical fruits and vegetables. I can say if you have grapes, should have access to the leaves. What type of greens are eaten there? I have heard of banana leaves being used as food, perhaps this is a possible food source.
Here a thread of people here who are familiar with tropical foods : http://tortoiseforum.org/showthread.php?tid=2711

Status
Not open for further replies.