Greek - Indoor Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
As the winter is coming and the temps in the High Desert have gotten down to somewhere in the 30's at night I wanted to make sure that I have good temps for my little tortie. I have my house temp set at 70 at night and the heater does kick on. Is that too low for the tortie? I am assuming that her house is also about 70. Should I have a night heat lamp on? She seems to be less active and eating a bit less. She also seems to be sleeping quite a bit more. Am I just over reacting?

Thanki!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Golden Greeks are a little more sensitive than other greeks. Her nightime temps should be about 70. But I would take the temp in her enclosure to make sure. And her humidity might need to be increased but you can only find out if you take the temp and humidity in her enclosure. What age is Cassie again?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Agnieszka,
70F is just fine at night for Golden greeks. How long are your lights on for and what are your day time temperature?

She's almost a year and a half Robyn. :D

Danny

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Her cool side is about 75. The warm side is 80. The temp under her heat lamp is 85. The heat/uvb bulb and the florescent bulb are on from 7am to 7pm. The humidity is between 30 on the cool side and 45-50 on the warm side. Should I move the heat lamp down lower to make her warm side warmer?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The warm side needs to be about 86F and 95F to 100F under the basking lamp. So, yes you need to lower the lamp. :) The length of time the lights are on is fine.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.