Greek or Cherry Head Red Foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeines

5 Year Member
Hello, all! I'm obviously new here and I hope for some advice. I've been researching tortoises for about a year now and the only thing left is to choose one. I've narrowed it down to the Greek and the Cherry Head Red Foot. I know the CHRF is a little smaller than the regular RF but how much REALLY? I really like their color but the Greek is beautiful as well. What are the temperments/personalities of both? Do any of you have a preference? Experiences with both? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!! :D

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
I don't know about the CH being any smaller than the Northern varieties.Maybe the guys who own some of both will chime in.I love my redfoots' personalities.I can watch them for hours.Sweet,curious temprament.

Snapper

5 Year Member
British Columbia
I have a little Greek, and not only is his he or she beautiful, it has a great personality. I know the two have different care, so that is also a considersation.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Adeines:

Welcome to the forum!!

Here's a big "good for you kiss" for doing your research before buying the tortoise!!

1533433wpo8a6ua3y.gif

adeines

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Adeines:

Welcome to the forum!!

Here's a big "good for you kiss" for doing your research before buying the tortoise!!

1533433wpo8a6ua3y.gif

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Right? Do you have any recommendations for which breeder to use?

HarleyK

5 Year Member
It's nice to hear you are doing research beforehand :D But I would personally purchase a tort from a reptile show. A lot of the times you save on shipping costs and you can hand pick your own pet, which I think is very important! This is going to be a lifelong friend so if there is a herp show or tort breeder near you I'd check it out. In terms of the sp. of tort I'd stick to the one you are best able to care for and house (ie size differences). I personally have a normal redfoot and I think he's great. I ended up getting a redfoot mainly because of their bright colors. Good luck with your decision.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
adeines said:
Hello, all! I'm obviously new here and I hope for some advice. I've been researching tortoises for about a year now and the only thing left is to choose one. I've narrowed it down to the Greek and the Cherry Head Red Foot. I know the CHRF is a little smaller than the regular RF but how much REALLY? I really like their color but the Greek is beautiful as well. What are the temperments/personalities of both? Do any of you have a preference? Experiences with both? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!! :D

CHERRY ALL THE WAY !
chowdy3.jpg

JD~:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Although ... ya cant go wrong with any tort in ma' book! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.