Greek tortoise isn't eating?

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
Hi, my tortoise hasn't been eating much lately, I tried pushing his heat lamp closer to the cooler side, whondering if he would eat more with a warmer temp. Also tried giving him a bath last night :(, he's plenty active outside the enclosure, but every day he's just woken up, take maybe one or two bites of his meal, and goes back to bed for the rest of the day...He's been really slow lately (No pun intended) any ideas? Thanks!:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you checking temps with a reliable source? As long as he is eating some, I wouldn't worry much. My leopard has stopped eating the amount he normally does. However, I do remember, he does this every year, once or twice. I would just keep an eye on him to make sure things don't turn worse, but it just may be a slow down for a while and will pick back up.

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Are you checking temps with a reliable source? As long as he is eating some, I wouldn't worry much. My leopard has stopped eating the amount he normally does. However, I do remember, he does this every year, once or twice. I would just keep an eye on him to make sure things don't turn worse, but it just may be a slow down for a while and will pick back up.

Thanks! He inhaled a dandelion haha