Greek Tortoise. Possible Respiratory Infection??

taylorm101099

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I have a one year old Greek tortoise, I recently noticed a thin water-like discharge coming from her nasal-mouth area, I know this to be a sign of respiratory infection. I noticed a slight change in her activity levels but she would simply come out later in the day then usual. Her appetite is solid, and I havent noticed any coughing or odd sounds. She is in a 4x2 foot tortoise table with a basking spot of about 98 degrees and ambient temperature around 75 degrees, I keep a ceramic heater on at night to keep temp around 70-73 degrees. What can I do to help her, does she need immedeate vet care, or is this something that I can remedy. I am currently transitioning jobs, so it will be a solid couple of weeks before I have the money to get her vet care. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Someone more experienced with these will come along and help you. I wonder if 70 is too cold, especially if it's not exact and may be lower than that.

Leonardo the tort

Turkey
I dont have any heater bulb yet but i read that greek torts can live in 30°C actually they should live in that heat, my tort is baby and i found it 3 months ago at the garden could you please suggest me what to do i read most of the posts bu couldn't find about bulbs.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Pictures please and try to get the temp to stay at 80 degrees minimum day or night