Green tomato leftovers from fried green tomatoes?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Hello,

I made a mess of FGTs for my wife and me last night and have some leftover green tomato trimmings (I don't use either end, just slices out of the middles) and was wondering if they'd be ok as a part of the meal for my omnivorous tortoises.

Thoughts?

Jamie

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello,

I made a mess of FGTs for my wife and me last night and have some leftover green tomato trimmings (I don't use either end, just slices out of the middles) and was wondering if they'd be ok as a part of the meal for my omnivorous tortoises.

Thoughts?

Jamie
I don't see any problem with it. My tortoises were always fed loads and loads of red tomatoes. I doubt that a green one would be harmful.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
So did you all watch the movie while you scarfed them down?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Interesting
I don't know anyone more southern than I am....And ive never eaten them
Living so far North, we grow a lot of green tomatoes that might never redden, so we do FGTs every summer... they're a great flavor treat that my whole family looks forward to... tangy and tart and salty and hot and crunchy.

J

MaNaAk

Southend
Living so far North, we grow a lot of green tomatoes that might never redden, so we do FGTs every summer... they're a great flavor treat that my whole family looks forward to... tangy and tart and salty and hot and crunchy.

J
Sounds lovely. Can tortoises eat them?

MaNaAk