Green/Yellowy scale on nose..?

earthwalkerz

My two hermanns will be a year old in Feb and have no health problems so far, they're weighed, they eat, they poop, they're very active and I have much love for them. However I just noticed one of them has a weird green scale on the tip of his head? This could be nothing and I will try rubbing it with a damp cotton swab letter but it's a little worrying it could be nothing.. It seems deep mould or rot? I honestly have no clue. Sorry I'm an idiot.
layton.png

Please help!!D:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

The scale placement looks normal, however, it usually isn't sunk in like that. It normally would have a more outwardly rounded look to it. I haven't a clue. Could he be dehydrated? Could he have a plugged nostril causing him to suck air too hard?

earthwalkerz

This is what I figured as I've been busy lately and haven't soaked them enough..however I'll try every other day and see what happens..thank you!!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum! I think they need soaks. I soak my beloved Greek tort daily, and here I mean at least once a day.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Eyes can be sunken too, if dehydration occurs :) Make sure they actually drink during their soaks! A clue about dehyrdation is to peek at their urates (the white stuff some tortoise have when they poop or pee) they should be creamy and toothepast like, not like cottage cheese :)