Greeting from Davis California

Seattlesky

Location (City and/or State)
Davis California
Hello everyone my name is Jacob, I am 22 years old and as the title says i am currently living in Davis California. I am a proud new baby sulcata owner. I work and go to school here in Davis, but am looking forward to moving back to Seattle with my girlfriend soon.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Welcome, Jacob. You have come to the right place for all the info you need to raise a healthy, thriving sulcata. Please take the time to read through the threads pinned to the top of the sulcata section - excellent, up-to-date knowledge on best practices.

I also live here in the Sacramento area and also have sulcatas. My daughter is a UC Davis graduate - great school!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome! Just a reminder: Dogs and torts never mix. No matter how gentle, sweet, or harmless you think any dog is, it's in their nature to get a hold of, especially baby torts, and chew on them. It can cost you the life of your tort. I'm not saying you have a dog or that you don't already know this. It's just something I'm passionate about and I like reminding new members of this :)

Seattlesky

Davis California
Hi and welcome! Just a reminder: Dogs and torts never mix. No matter how gentle, sweet, or harmless you think any dog is, it's in their nature to get a hold of, especially baby torts, and chew on them. It can cost you the life of your tort. I'm not saying you have a dog or that you don't already know this. It's just something I'm passionate about and I like reminding new members of this :)
Thank you! I do have a dog as well a a dwarf rabbit. make sure to keep the baby away from both.

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Hi and welcome to the forum. This is the best place to be if you want to be a successful tortoise keeper. Ask a lot of questions and have a open mind. There are a lot of experienced people who have great knowledge.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.:tort:

Take care of your tort if you have a dog. I was thinking of getting a cat/kitten, but changed my mind: I think it's too big a risk to take, as I live in a flat.;)

Please post pictures of your tort and his enclosure,and read the care sheets that will definitely help you.Good luck!:D