Greetings from a newbie in Maine

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Be sure to read through our caresheets so you can be prepared with certain equipment that will be needed. Enclosure will have to be determined once you know the species and age/size of your rescue.

soriondee

Maine
Hello and Welcome. Be sure to read through our caresheets so you can be prepared with certain equipment that will be needed. Enclosure will have to be determined once you know the species and age/size of your rescue.
Thank you! I have been reading a lot here and it's been much easier to digest than my googling so I'm happy to have found this resource. The local tortoise I'm looking at is a Hermann's so I've been focusing on those threads. So much great information from so many knowledgeable enthusiasts!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Welcome to TFO Stephanie!

I'm in NH, and live with a bunch of tortoises.

The care guides here on TFO are a good place to start, and I've found numerous Russian Tortoises in need of homes on craigslist.

Jamie

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. I have a leopard and a rescued Hermann. Please post pictures of your tortoise once you get one.

LeoTheWaywardTortoise

Platinum Tortoise Club
Maricopa, AZ
Welcome, and congrats on your new guy! I’m also a relative newbie, and I’m so grateful for this forum and for the members’ generosity in sharing their wisdom and experience. Still so much to learn, but this is the best place for info, hands down. So glad you’re here!