Greetings from Bugatti!

Plushkins

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hello Fellow Tortoise and Turtle Lovers :)

Writing to introduce to you Bugatti, our Russian (we think) boytort. He loves watermellon, pumpkin, taking walks outside, and apricating under his lamps. He asked me to say "Hello!" and "It's very nice to meet y'all!"

We presently live in Louisiana, but moving to Virginia next month. Would love to interact and chat, and to learn!

Warm regards,

Lina (Plushkins)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello and welcome
I don't keep Russian tortoises. But check out our Russian care posts and food list.
I'm pretty sure that you need to stop feeding watermelon. I do think that's a species with a near zero tolerance for sugars. Though I'll bet he does like it.

Plushkins

Louisiana
Hello and welcome
I don't keep Russian tortoises. But check out our Russian care posts and food list.
I'm pretty sure that you need to stop feeding watermelon. I do think that's a species with a near zero tolerance for sugars. Though I'll bet he does like it.

Hello ZEROPILOT, we appreciate the warm welcome and the heads up! Definitely will take a look at the resources you recommend. We definitely would not want to eat unhealthy treats! Thought it was ok once a week or so... will look into that. Again, many thanks and very nice to forum-meet you :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lina, and welcome to the Forum!

If Bugatti is the tortoise pictured in your avatar, that's not a Russian. He's either a Greek or a Hermanns.

Plushkins

Louisiana
Hi Lina, and welcome to the Forum!

If Bugatti is the tortoise pictured in your avatar, that's not a Russian. He's either a Greek or a Hermanns.

Hi Yvonne G, thank you for the reply! Yes indeed that's a picture of Bugatti. Really, not a Russian??? Wow, you know our mistake definitely didn't result from lack of due diligence... both in "person" and online. I suspected we may be wrong, but still a shock... hoping we haven't caused any harm with caring for him as a Russian. I will look further into Greek and Hermanns to learn more. Greatly appreciate your kind note and the information!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Hello and welcome to the forum. If you post a picture, top and bottom, of your tort, I am sure someone here can help you identify exactly what tort you have. Besides, we like pictures!

Plushkins

Louisiana
Hello and welcome to the forum. If you post a picture, top and bottom, of your tort, I am sure someone here can help you identify exactly what tort you have. Besides, we like pictures!

Good evening Cheryl Hills! Thank you for the welcome and the great suggestion - WOW what a wonderful community, we are loving becoming a part of it. When Bugatti wakes up tomorrow, we'll do a photoshoot. Certainly we want to ID this little guy's ancestry asap so we can care for him accordingly. He's also excited! - albeit slightly anxious - to learn the answer. Appreciate your time and advice!

Plushkins

Louisiana

Good morning Cheryl Hills! As you suggested - pics. Surprisingly to me, Bugatti didn't seem to mind being upside down for half a minute. I bet he'd enjoy rollercoasters! (No, probably not lol. Perhaps bumper cars...)
20181129_064437.jpg 20181129_064500.jpg

Plushkins

Louisiana
He is definitely not a Russian. @Yvonne G May be able to let you know what species he is.

At least progress via process of elimination! :) Thank you! Bugatti instructed me not to bother him for a while with posing for photographs, but I snuck a pic of his enjoying his post-photos treat (shhhh)20181129_070438.jpg