Greetings from Bugatti!

Plushkins

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Thanks for the pictures! You have an Eastern Hermann's tortoise. Testudo hermanni boettgeri

Markw84 - Thank you sooo much from Bugatti and family! I can see now why you ID-ed him as an Eastern Hermann's. I'm embarrassed I was so far off thinking he was a Russian... (blush) Thank you for sharing with us your expertise. Now we know! Hurrah bravo!!! (applause)

Plushkins

Louisiana
@HermanniChris could help identify this awesome little dude. Beautiful tort! Welcome to the forum!

drew54 "awesome little dude" = that made my day. I related to Bugatti my delight and excitement - and he appeared to share fully! Thank you for such a warm welcome. I know, isn't he beautiful?! We try to raise him modest, but what can you do when you have a GQ tort... and so lovable... smh

drew54

Indiana
drew54 "awesome little dude" = that made my day. I related to Bugatti my delight and excitement - and he appeared to share fully! Thank you for such a warm welcome. I know, isn't he beautiful?! We try to raise him modest, but what can you do when you have a GQ tort... and so lovable... smh
A happy tort is a spoiled tort! :D Keep those pics and updates coming! Also you i have a thread for people to post their favorite photos of their torts! hop over and post your favorite!

Plushkins

Louisiana
A happy tort is a spoiled tort! :D Keep those pics and updates coming! Also you i have a thread for people to post their favorite photos of their torts! hop over and post your favorite!

Oh boy, you don't need to ask me twice :) will do!! I also take short videos sometimes... here's a clip where Bugatti stomps his foot at the lettuce that annoyed him - did not *step* on it to keep in place lol, but stomped AT it - tort has a temper!
Hoping the link works. Excited to check out your thread!

Plushkins

Louisiana
Welcome, without a doubt you have a male Testudo hermanni boettgeri (eastern Hermann's tortoise)

Many thanks! Yay Bugatti and family now know! Next is ascertaining from where his family emigrated... I understand the possibilities are Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Turkey, and Greece. Bugatti says, "Backpacking adventure, anyone??"