Greetings from Cambridge,United Kingdom

Tobagomon

Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Hello Everyone

My name is Malcolm and I am a life long tortoise enthusiast and keeper from Cambridge in the United Kingdom.

The Tortoise journey started for me when my parents decided to emigrate from Cambridge and move to Guyana in South America where I was presented with my first pet which was a Yellow Foot (Chelonoidis denticulata). I managed to obtain a few more for my collection and I am proud to say I was pretty successful at breeding this species- the only frustrating thing was that my females would never dig a hole but merely lay where ever they pleased!. We returned to Cambridge in 1985 and since then I have travelled extensively in the Caribbean and latterly lived in Trinidad and Tobago where I set up a successful breeding facility for the Red Footed Tortoise (Chelonoidis carbonaria).

I returned to Cambridge two years ago with my wife and I have been preparing a large quarter acre facility for a pair of Aldabras at my home complete with underfloor electronically controlled heating shed!!- I have always hoped that one day I would be the keeper of this magnificent tortoise. Well it seems that this aspiration has come true and I have just purchased a pair of youngsters and will be picking them up at the end of the month. I am really keen to find out everything imaginable for the care of these tortoises and hope to get some good, solid advice from my fellow members on this site. Please see pics of USAIN and FLORENCE(male and female-we think!!!).
Kind regards MJPE1 Aldabra 090816.jpg JPE5 1 Aldabra 090816.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Malcolm. Your profile says, "Trinidad and Tobago" but your post says you've returned to the UK???

Tobagomon

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Welcome to the Forum, Malcolm. Your profile says, "Trinidad and Tobago" but your post says you've returned to the UK???
Hi Yvonne. Yes I first joined the Forum two years ago when we were living in Trinidad and Tobago and at that time we were preparing for our return to Cambridge where we are at present. I cannot remember doing an introduction then. Sorry for any confusion- I am now here to stay on this forum -regards :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello Everyone

My name is Malcolm and I am a life long tortoise enthusiast and keeper from Cambridge in the United Kingdom.

The Tortoise journey started for me when my parents decided to emigrate from Cambridge and move to Guyana in South America where I was presented with my first pet which was a Yellow Foot (Chelonoidis denticulata). I managed to obtain a few more for my collection and I am proud to say I was pretty successful at breeding this species- the only frustrating thing was that my females would never dig a hole but merely lay where ever they pleased!. We returned to Cambridge in 1985 and since then I have travelled extensively in the Caribbean and latterly lived in Trinidad and Tobago where I set up a successful breeding facility for the Red Footed Tortoise (Chelonoidis carbonaria).

I returned to Cambridge two years ago with my wife and I have been preparing a large quarter acre facility for a pair of Aldabras at my home complete with underfloor electronically controlled heating shed!!- I have always hoped that one day I would be the keeper of this magnificent tortoise. Well it seems that this aspiration has come true and I have just purchased a pair of youngsters and will be picking them up at the end of the month. I am really keen to find out everything imaginable for the care of these tortoises and hope to get some good, solid advice from my fellow members on this site. Please see pics of USAIN and FLORENCE(male and female-we think!!!).
Kind regards MView attachment 182991 View attachment 182992
A very warm welcome to the foru, to you and your cute torts.:tort:

Please keep them separated so as to avoid bullying, and give them soaks in warm water every day.:D