Greetings from Florida, Torty Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi everyone, I just joined but I've been reading this forum for a week or two as I prep to get my first tortoise, a russian. I kind of skipped this step, I'm a. Carpenter so I've been posting in the enclosure section. Anywho, if you ever need any help with wood working, finishing and general building tips, that's where you'll find me. I look forward to talking with all of you at some point and thank you for letting me join along.

Torts4Life!

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
Hi there!! I just joined as well. I might be in contact with you in the future I'm looking to build a new outdoor enclosure for my two Russian Torts for the summer and new indoor enclosure for next winter!

kjr153

5 Year Member
Welcome! I am pretty new to the Forum as well. I joined last week and let me tell you, I have learned more in this past week than I have in the past year. I read about Sulcata's all of the time but I just couldn't get the enclosure right because on the internet there is so much conflicting information. One sight says NO humidity then the other sight says YES to humidity. The forum has a handful of people that know a Tort like they can talk to it and it tells them what it whats or needs. You'll get to know who those people are. Very knowledgeable people that have been dealing with Torts for decades. I have asked some pretty dumb questions on here but everyone is so nice and helpful. My tortie is lucky I found this Forum! Welcome!!

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
Torts4Life! said:
Hi there!! I just joined as well. I might be in contact with you in the future I'm looking to build a new outdoor enclosure for my two Russian Torts for the summer and new indoor enclosure for next winter!

Welcome! I'd be happy to help, just get in touch with me whenever you need to, I check the forums regularly.

kjr153 said:
Welcome! I am pretty new to the Forum as well. I joined last week and let me tell you, I have learned more in this past week than I have in the past year. I read about Sulcata's all of the time but I just couldn't get the enclosure right because on the internet there is so much conflicting information. One sight says NO humidity then the other sight says YES to humidity. The forum has a handful of people that know a Tort like they can talk to it and it tells them what it whats or needs. You'll get to know who those people are. Very knowledgeable people that have been dealing with Torts for decades. I have asked some pretty dumb questions on here but everyone is so nice and helpful. My tortie is lucky I found this Forum! Welcome!!

I know what you mean. I thought I was all set until I found this place, since then it's been nothing but reading, reading, and more reading. They've helped me to refine alot of prep.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to tfo! Lovely to have so many new members commenting and encouraging one another. I myself have had a few of my Russians for nearly 20 years. They are an amazing, and fun species. I usually describe them as big tort personality in a little tort body! Essentially mini Sulcatas! I also appreciate the focus you all have on learning. One of the greatest resources on this site is the search function! Search for a question you have and then read!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi and welcome! :)

Camdens tortoise

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Hello and welcome! Im also new and so glad to have found this site. I have learned SO much from all the nice people here. Do yourself a favor and check out Toms threads. I will be getting my 1st tortoise (a sulcata) delivered next Tuesday and Im so excited I cant stand it!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
The sullies are awesome! They are full personality :) just follow the great advice on this forum and your babies will do great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.