Greetings from Los Angeles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie B.

5 Year Member
I am so thrilled to join the community! I am a new-ish tortoise "parent", and have questions pop in my head every so often that I am glad I can ask here.

My husband and I adopted a young desert tortoise about a month ago, and have called her Chalupa (she's hard on the outside, soft on the inside). She seems to be enjoying exploring our backyard and munching on my many rose petals and weeds. I plan on planting some native california desert plants (non toxic) and grasses in one area of my garden so she'll feel more at home. I really want to pay attention to what is best for her healthwise, and feed her correctly. We are working on designing and building a new enclosure for her. Right now she seems to like sleeping in the temporary house we have for her (a half buried flower pot filled with dirt) and under some bushes.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! For now...here is Chalupa!
268480_1428067797198_1697932061_690739_7981006_n.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome....albeit not as fricken awesome as aldabraman LOL ...but welcome just the same and I LOVE THE CDTs :D :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome Valerie. I'm your neighbor to the North.

Angela, that made me laugh out loud! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D! I so love the name! :D What a face on Chalupa. Sounds like you are really excited about Chalupa and have some big plans, that is so great. Glad you here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Valerie:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Chalupa is a mighty fine-looking tortoise!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have two CDTs I love dearly. It is fun to grow food they like and lucky that their food is easy to grow. And I am you nieghbor to the south. We go to L.A. often.La Mirada to be exact.

WELCOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.