greetings from new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

binnyc

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hello All....just pulled this link off Craig's List....nice to find a site like this.

We live with a 10 year old male spur thigh, (old habits/names are hard to give up)...he's 100 pounds this time of year: (living in the yard on grass, weeds, fruit and kale...he drops about 10 pounds in the winter when he's less active). Purchased him as a baby and named Pip Squeek, (fit in my husband's palm @ the time)...now we just call him Squeek or 'Deek.

Deek winters in my office and is not particularly active during the cold months: we do keep a full spectrum light and heat light for him so he's warm, (80's days, hi 60's @ night) and has the proper time of light....still is not active. The summer/hot months...it's out in the yard....he's a total machine....runs around, digs holes, (very helpful when gardening or digging a hole for the pond's installation)...loves rose of sharron blossoms.

He's good natured,(no nipping except for toes w/red polish) comes when you call him, runs over whenever you're in the yard, (any bananas mom?) & leaves the dogs alone.

Have made sure he did not pyramid up when he grew....did grow very fast, I must say. The biggest problems are: replanting the grass/clover every year in the yard, knocking over my garden furnature,
hauling him in and out of the house daily when the nights get too cold for him.....and his shell gradually saws thru the furniture, (and shrubs/trees) he rubs up against.

B in NYC

Tegan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hill Country, TX
Hello B, Wow 10 years old. He must be beautiful! My sullys are just babies and i can't hardly wait for them to get big. Right now i keep them in a makeshift tort table in my room. My 3 year old thinks they are toys and it really freaks them out and they pee on her. lol.... She is just now getting over her fear of turtles/torts. My boxie smashed her finger in his shell when she was really little and she was terrified of them for them longest time. Now she insists that the boxie is there mommy, won't she be surprised when they out grow the boxie in a year! If you get a chance, I'm sure myself and everyone else here would love to see some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.