Greetings From The Big Easy!

Parasite68

Location (City and/or State)
Metairie
Hello All,

I’m Brian and I’m new to the Tortoise Hobby. In fact, I’ve been picking brains here asking all the newbie questions all day and just realized I haven’t stopped to even say hello!

Well, hello!

Ive been enjoying reptiles for a while now. Previously, I was enjoying collecting Pythons and Boas along with Louisiana Speckled Kings.

My experience with turtles is pretty much all over the place... I’ve enjoyed keeping red ear sliders, musk, alligator snapper, soft shell, and finally, Louisiana Box turtles...

This is my first time trying Tortoises... Ive chosen the Cherry Head because after doing research, it seems that they’d be a perfect match for not only me, but the area I live in. Down here in New Orleans, it’s almost always hot and humid. Their diet seems to match my old box turtle buddies, and, last but not least, they look fantastic! On a funny note, I just realized that they sport the Atlanta Falcons colors, but I’m gonna be hard pressed to find a tortoise that’s black and gold with Fleur de Lis over their ears!

Kells Bells

Ireland
Hello All,

I’m Brian and I’m new to the Tortoise Hobby. In fact, I’ve been picking brains here asking all the newbie questions all day and just realized I haven’t stopped to even say hello!

Well, hello!

Ive been enjoying reptiles for a while now. Previously, I was enjoying collecting Pythons and Boas along with Louisiana Speckled Kings.

My experience with turtles is pretty much all over the place... I’ve enjoyed keeping red ear sliders, musk, alligator snapper, soft shell, and finally, Louisiana Box turtles...

This is my first time trying Tortoises... Ive chosen the Cherry Head because after doing research, it seems that they’d be a perfect match for not only me, but the area I live in. Down here in New Orleans, it’s almost always hot and humid. Their diet seems to match my old box turtle buddies, and, last but not least, they look fantastic! On a funny note, I just realized that they sport the Atlanta Falcons colors, but I’m gonna be hard pressed to find a tortoise that’s black and gold with Fleur de Lis over their ears!
Welcome to the forum :D

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Welcome to TFO!

It's a great place to learn about providing the best care for those tortoises that come to live with us. I live in NH, and am a bit jealous of your climate, from a tortoise-ing point of view (although I'm most comfortable personally in cool weather). I've been to New Orleans a few times, most recently about two years ago, and loved it every time.

Jamie