Greetings

MIReptilian

Location (City and/or State)
Metamora, Michigan
I've had an obsession with turtles/tortoises since I was a kid. Back then my brother and I each had an eastern box turtle and kept all different kinds of reptiles. Boa constrictors, garter snakes, blue racers, painted turtles, sliders, snappers. We loved taking care of our creatures.

Now I'm 42 and have a young family of my own. My two boys are very interested in turtles and tortoises. We try and recuse as many as we can from our local roads. Mostly paints, blanding, common snappers, and the rare box turtle.

I think it's time to get a tortoise or two for our family. We have plenty of indoor space for a tortoise table and have lots of property to build one or more large outdoor habitat enclosures.

I'm in the beginning stages of research at this time (I tend to over research everything and enjoy reading about topics that interest me). I will say that I am having a hard time deciding on the perfect species for our family.

We live in Michigan and ideally would like our tortoise to be housed outside from late spring until early autumn. We have hot, humid summers here due to being surrounded by the great lakes and cold snowy winters.

Initially I was looking to get another eastern box, but now I find myself considering hermanns, redfoots and leopards.

I'm going to start a thread to ask some general questions. Great forum you folks have here. Seems like there is a ton of knowledge people that frequent it.

Thanks for having me.
Jeff

MPappagallo

Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach, SC
I've had an obsession with turtles/tortoises since I was a kid. Back then my brother and I each had an eastern box turtle and kept all different kinds of reptiles. Boa constrictors, garter snakes, blue racers, painted turtles, sliders, snappers. We loved taking care of our creatures.

Now I'm 42 and have a young family of my own. My two boys are very interested in turtles and tortoises. We try and recuse as many as we can from our local roads. Mostly paints, blanding, common snappers, and the rare box turtle.

I think it's time to get a tortoise or two for our family. We have plenty of indoor space for a tortoise table and have lots of property to build one or more large outdoor habitat enclosures.

I'm in the beginning stages of research at this time (I tend to over research everything and enjoy reading about topics that interest me). I will say that I am having a hard time deciding on the perfect species for our family.

We live in Michigan and ideally would like our tortoise to be housed outside from late spring until early autumn. We have hot, humid summers here due to being surrounded by the great lakes and cold snowy winters.

Initially I was looking to get another eastern box, but now I find myself considering hermanns, redfoots and leopards.

I'm going to start a thread to ask some general questions. Great forum you folks have here. Seems like there is a ton of knowledge people that frequent it.

Thanks for having me.
Jeff
Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will find tons of great info here to help you make the right decision!