Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unixpro

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, im new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is William, I am a 27 Yr old Network engineer living in Miami, FL.

I love reptiles, Used to breed leopard geckos. Always wanted to breed tortoises, and this might just be the right time.

So far my fav breed is Sri Lanka Star tortoises, im trying to make up my mind whether to get a breeding pair (pricey ouch) or get 5-6 babies and watch them grow. The business aspect doesn't really attract me, its the making babies, incubating process which i really like. I have 2 young kids (2 and 4 yrs old) they should enjoy the incubating process.

anyways, HI!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

Those Star Torts can be a bit tricky raising to adulthood...that why they are so expencive! Good Luck!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi William:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm very new to tortoises myself, and if I were in your shoes, I would probably choose to purchase a small group of little ones, and spend the time with them as they grow. There are a few reasons for this;
1) They are sort of a "trial run" for eventual hatchlings that you raise. If you start with adults, you won't be an in tune with the particular needs of the babies.
2) Overtime, you may find that you either don't want to breed them, or want to breed a different species.
3) You will really know the health and personality of the parents, as well as exactly how they were raised, so there really should be any unpleasant surprises with the hatchlings.

Unixpro

5 Year Member
Thnx everyone'

I'm sure you'll see me around asking questions.​

Status
Not open for further replies.