Location (City and/or State)
CA
LOL @ ranger rick

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I love these IDIOTS who believe that animals need to follow human rules. I personally would like to see Chris Servheen eaten the next time he goes out to conduct one of his surveys. FWP Warden Sam Sheppard described Wednesday's attacks, "She basically targeted three people and went after them." He needs to go too! Right now, I'm targeting a 2 pound filet mignon that I picked up this morning...animals taste good. I bet they think we taste good, too! ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Well actually I heard that humans don't taste good and most man eaters become them thru need , but since I have no first hand info on how humans taste I can't comment.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tom said:
Isa said:
Candy, I agree 100% with you. I just saw this thread and after reading the OP and was about to reply I saw that there were 3 pages! I understand what you are saying 150%. We humans, think we own everything!!! That is what I hate about humans!!! It is crazy, we think
we know the best of every animals or reptiles or fishes... on this planet. I am asking myself the same question you are asking yours, why did they not relocate them!!! Why put the cubs in a zoo and why kill the mother! I do not want to go back on the subject but I hate it when people say animals have no rights! First of all, Who are we to decide that!! And second of all, you guys know that a lot of people do not agree with you, why keep saying it, it is ok we know what you think so stop saying it!!! I am really sad for the family, they did not deserve to be killed :(. Maggie has a point, maybe they had to kill the mother I do not know, but why put the cubs in a zoo??

Jacqui said:
Missy said:
And yes to God there is a difference, humans were made in Gods image not animals.

Hmm did you read that in the bear's version of the bible or the humans? :p :rolleyes: I have always found who tells the story, tends to show only their own version of any story. :cool:

LOL Jacqui you are so funny!! Thanks for the morning laugh :D

Isa, you would have preferred the cubs be left in the wild to die of slow starvation or be eaten alive by another adult bear?!?

Tom Seriously, Why would I have prefered that?! Of course not! I just find it sad that they are going to live in a zoo for the rest of their lives, if they are going to be spoiled I guess it good for them but if not, it is sad. I did know not it could be that dangerous for them in the wild thgough.

RichardS said:
Now get back to Narnia, where its obvious you formulated your perspective.
please, DO NOT insult me, I did not ask for your opinion anyway so you can keep your insult for yourself!!!

MATortoise B

5 Year Member
If anybody goes into the ocean any animal that lives in the ocean should be able to do what they want at will to humans as we become food in there territory. Same thing goes in the jungle and mountains it is there home therefore if they fell threatened they have the right to do as they want with us, weather that be kill scare harm or anything they like. Same as us if someone come into our homes we have the right to protect that. As we take more and more of there territroy there will be more and more killing of humans and because humans are so self-centered, more and more animals protecting them and there families will be slaughtered as well.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
MATortoise B said:
If anybody goes into the ocean any animal that lives in the ocean should be able to do what they want at will to humans as we become food in there territory. Same thing goes in the jungle and mountains it is there home therefore if they fell threatened they have the right to do as they want with us, weather that be kill scare harm or anything they like. Same as us if someone come into our homes we have the right to protect that. As we take more and more of there territroy there will be more and more killing of humans and because humans are so self-centered, more and more animals protecting them and there families will be slaughtered as well.

+1

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
Loss of wildlife habitat as humans expand more and more into their 'homes'/territory is unfair to animals who should have the right to protect their home and young just like we would do in our own homes.

Ickisrulz

5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure we all live somewhere that was once inhabited exclusively by wildlife...unfair or not.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
http://www.responsibilityproject.com/essays/zoo-story#fbid=gwMu8ugG-Gv

This was the greatest article, if anyone's interested.
What can we expect of these poor creatures? We can put fences around our property so no one can intrude on our privacy, if we run out of food we can go buy more, etc., etc, etc. Why...we are humans. Supposedly the highest form of animal. We are taking there food, their habitat, their very existence is in jeopardy, because of us. What audacity we humans have. If there was a sign saying that there was bears, I wouldn't be camping there.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Terry, The first time I clicked on the article, I did not see the pic I only read the article. When you said that there was a sign, I went back to the article and saw the pic. Crazy, Why would people go camp there??
I really liked the article by the way, thanks for sharing :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Isa, the sign says "Closed...All area beyond this singn is closed because of bear danger." That means you souldn't be in there, camping or doing anything else. So why were they in there? There is not one comment on that article that thinks the bear should have been put down. So, I totally agree with Candy.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Missy said:
I agree with dmmj, scary. And yes to God there is a difference, humans were made in Gods image not animals.

Actually this is scary for me! I don't think theology has any relevance here, at all.

chadk said:
Animals should be treated well, but they are essential in providing food (to eachother and to humans).

This simply isn't true, animals are not essential for providing food for humans, humans could survive easily without eating animals.

Candy while I appreciate what you're saying it's simply unrealistic to think that animals are equal to humans, they're not because we made it that way, I reiterate it has nothing to do with 'God'.
Of course I wouldn't have wanted the bear to die but the territory argument doesn't really work, if the bear came into your house would it be okay for you to kill it then?
It's sad that the bear had to be killed but due to animals' inability to think and rationalize like humans they're deaths are insignificant in comparison.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
dmmj said:
Well actually I heard that humans don't taste good and most man eaters become them thru need , but since I have no first hand info on how humans taste I can't comment.

The only maneater that apparently does not like humans is the GREAT WHITE SHARK...they say the fat content is too low and not rich enough for their taste...you are most likely right about 'need'...lion attacks on humans are not rare, but the numbers become more significant when normal prey is scarce. And, as with bears, once they taste human flesh, they become a problem because they always come back for more.

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
MATortoise B said:

I really couldn't believe my eyes when I read some of these responses. I've really never read something this ridiculous in my life.

I laughed even harder when I realized it was obviously a joke. The number of grammatical errors is what tipped me off.

Yourlocalpoet said:
This simply isn't true, animals are not essential for providing food for humans, humans could survive easily without eating animals.

False. Maybe some rich vegans in California. Tell the tribes I've seen in Africa or South America that they can grow soy beans instead of fishing.

Chimpanzees hunt and eat meat. Lets teach them to farm beans too. We've given them enough slack for all these years. Its time for them to get into the 21st century. Heck, they were in space before people! PC, emo chimps, here we come!

Ickisrulz

5 Year Member
Yourlocalpoet said:
Missy said:
I agree with dmmj, scary. And yes to God there is a difference, humans were made in Gods image not animals.

Actually this is scary for me! I don't think theology has any relevance here, at all.

chadk said:
Animals should be treated well, but they are essential in providing food (to eachother and to humans).

Candy while I appreciate what you're saying it's simply unrealistic to think that animals are equal to humans, they're not because we made it that way, I reiterate it has nothing to do with 'God'.
Of course I wouldn't have wanted the bear to die but the territory argument doesn't really work, if the bear came into your house would it be okay for you to kill it then?
It's sad that the bear had to be killed but due to animals' inability to think and rationalize like humans they're deaths are insignificant in comparison.

How is the OP's or my view of God scary to you? It is very relevant to at least a few of the people posting here. Their world view is behind their reasons for thinking the way they do and its nice to know where people are coming from. This isn't a scientific subject as much as an ethical one. I for one believe God put us in charge of managing the Earth. This entails eliminating animals that are violent towards humans so as to limit future harm. We should also be careful to not place these animals into bad situations that cause them to become agressive if we can avoid it. But, humans trump animals.

Isa said:
Terry, The first time I clicked on the article, I did not see the pic I only read the article. When you said that there was a sign, I went back to the article and saw the pic. Crazy, Why would people go camp there??
I really liked the article by the way, thanks for sharing :)

The sign may have been placed after the incident while they were looking for the bears??

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
RichardS said:
MATortoise B said:

I really couldn't believe my eyes when I read some of these responses. I've really never read something this ridiculous in my life.

I laughed even harder when I realized it was obviously a joke. The number of grammatical errors is what tipped me off.

Yourlocalpoet said:

False. Maybe some rich vegans in California. Tell the tribes I've seen in Africa or South America that they can grow soy beans instead of fishing.

Chimpanzees hunt and eat meat. Lets teach them to farm beans too. We've given them enough slack for all these years. Its time for them to get into the 21st century. Heck, they were in space before people! PC, emo chimps, here we come!

I'm sorry if I'm coming across rude, as it is not my intention, but
everyone is entitled to their opinion. You seem like an intelligent person, and I'm surprised that you would ridicule and make fun of someone else's honest opinion. If the OP didn't feel so strongly about this subject, she wouldn't have posted it. When people post on this forum, or any other, we just get a small glimpse into their character and personalities. When I read some of these posts, I see people who have great compassion for other living things. I don't see anything ridiculous about this at all.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yourlocalpoet said:
chadk said:

I don't want to just survive. I want to LIVE.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I can't even think about the debate right now as much as how pathetic so many of you have been on here. Your rude, satirical responses and jibes at people like Candy and the vegetarians is childish. You blurt your bit, talk about God (your beliefs), then attack some people for their beliefs by making fun of them. (** does not mean i am or ain't any of those beliefs by defending them)... I've only been back on the forum a few days now and the same people who were predatory before are still trying to make people look stupid months later. Maybe you don't see what I'm seeing, maybe its the history I'm re-seeing, maybe its my ridiculous compassion... But some of you need to grow up and talk (i'm not just refering to blatant jibes, but demeanor and tone) like gentlemen/ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.