Ground hatch and incubator

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I was curious if hatchlings coming from the ground are hardier than those hatching from an incubator?
I've heard some people say they are, but I think that is because they were starting babies too dry, or otherwise less than optinmally.

My artificial hatches are much hardier, more active, and grow faster than my ground hatches.

Beezleyandhalpert

Colorado
I've heard some people say they are, but I think that is because they were starting babies too dry, or otherwise less than optinmally.

My artificial hatches are much hardier, more active, and grow faster than my ground hatches.
I was just reading one of your threads about the best way to raise sulcata leopard and star toroises. I wish I would have seen that before. I got my babies two days ago and from all the info I've gotten I got the right things but I need other materials now that I'm reading your post. Especially the enclosure. I got a cement mixing tub for mine and I need to figure out what else to get to keep humidity up mainly

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I think that would all depend on if you lived in Hawaii or south Florida or in Washington state or New Hampshire...
I'm SOLD on ground hatchlings myself.
I've had about equal success with both and all have been super healthy. Though my experience with hatchlings is indeed somewhat limited.
Colorado is not Florida