1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Growing food for my Indian stars

Discussion in 'Tortoise Diet and Food' started by lennox, Feb 22, 2016.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. lennox

lennox New Member 5 Year Member

hi guys,

I'm based Dorset, England and I have two adult male and female stars which have just had two hatchlings so far, I'm looking to grow my own food for them in the house but not sure on what?

Any one from England have any recommendations? Also any one feed cactus to there torts? Can any one recommend where to get it from?

Thanks Danny
  2. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club

Location (City and/or State):
    Southern California
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I'm not from England, but here is a list of what I feed my stars. I typed this up for sulcatas, so just ignore all the text about grass and skip to the list. I feed a some grass to my stars, but not nearly as much as the sulcatas…

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/