Growing Ghost - My Leo

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Thank you for the message! I am in the Birmingham area so not too far! I use a Arcadia T5 tube light and have two CHEs; one emits more heat on one side of the terrarium versus the other so there is no real "basking" feature.

I am going to crank up the humidity, but the last 4 months I have noticed the scutes getting more uneven with its growth spurt. Ghost has always had some weird lumpy scutes, but I am trying to keep the shell as smooth as possible!
Thank you for the message! I am in the Birmingham area so not too far! I use a Arcadia T5 tube light and have two CHEs; one emits more heat on one side of the terrarium versus the other so there is no real "basking" feature.

I am going to crank up the humidity, but the last 4 months I have noticed the scutes getting more uneven with its growth spurt. Ghost has always had some weird lumpy scutes, but I am trying to keep the shell as smooth as possible!
Thats a good idea. Try to get the humidity 80%+.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Beautiful and a good size. That’s helpful so I can start planning for the next two years!
Thank you! As for size, yeah she grew fast. When I got her at about 2 1/2 years old, she weighed 1lb, 6.3 oz and was 6 inches long.

Reactions: Ink