Growth lines, how pink is too pink?

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
Okay, it has been a full 14 days since I first noticed the pinkness of his lines, and they are still there, and still very pink although some of them seem to be fading.
041.JPG

Of course I am still concerned but it does appear that @Tom - aka the Sultan of Sullys, was correct in his assessment of this being a growth spurt! In just over a month he has packed on over 250 grams, which may not seem like much for some of you with big, fast growing sullys, but for Odin, who is on the small side and a slow grower, that is HUGE! This is more than double any gain he has ever had!
He is now a whopping 801 grams and that was immediately AFTER completely filling up his bath water with more poo than I believed he could hold (seriously...it was disturbing)
Also, this will likely be the last picture of me being able to hold him like this with one hand. He is just too big for me to hold him by his top shell and it no longer feels secure. I just can't risk it. So, any more belly shots will now require a two person team.

And eventually, a small army.....

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Okay, it has been a full 14 days since I first noticed the pinkness of his lines, and they are still there, and still very pink although some of them seem to be fading.
View attachment 160967

Of course I am still concerned but it does appear that @Tom - aka the Sultan of Sullys, was correct in his assessment of this being a growth spurt! In just over a month he has packed on over 250 grams, which may not seem like much for some of you with big, fast growing sullys, but for Odin, who is on the small side and a slow grower, that is HUGE! This is more than double any gain he has ever had!
He is now a whopping 801 grams and that was immediately AFTER completely filling up his bath water with more poo than I believed he could hold (seriously...it was disturbing)
Also, this will likely be the last picture of me being able to hold him like this with one hand. He is just too big for me to hold him by his top shell and it no longer feels secure. I just can't risk it. So, any more belly shots will now require a two person team.

And eventually, a small army.....
Looking good! I can barely hold my larger Leopard in one hand. Of course, I do have baby hands so that isn't saying much, but they are hard to hold on to! I feel like they are just going to slide right outta my hand and plop onto the ground :eek:

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Looking good! I can barely hold my larger Leopard in one hand. Of course, I do have baby hands so that isn't saying much, but they are hard to hold on to! I feel like they are just going to slide right outta my hand and plop onto the ground :eek:
That's how I feel too, I went to pick him up and I didn't think I could get hold of him! It's not that he's too heavy, he's just a hair too wide, and my hands aren't small.