Growth of Toro, February 2016 Sulcata Tortoise. (Big File Size Alert!!)

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I think i am in trouble. He is learning burrow. Came back from work just to find him dug some of the coir and slept in it.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Weekly update:
He eats hibiscus, rose, roselle, pinto peanut, mazuri "LS", regular mazuri, opuntia, kale, bokchoy, water spinach, indian lettuce, carrot, and grasses. Soon will be dandelion, geranium, violet (don't know when, the seed keep failing lol, somebody jump out teach me.)
31 May '16 - 57gr (1st day with me)
09 Jun '16 - 62gr (i believe the gain is from water (have slight pyramid))
20 Jul '16 - 64gr (start having big appetite after i gave him "water spinach treat" for the 1st time.)
22 Jul '16 - 66gr
30 Jul '16 - 68gr
06 Aug '16 - 71gr
11 Aug '16 - 74gr
17 Aug '16 - 76gr
24 Aug '16 - 82gr
31 Aug '16 - 86gr

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Weekly update:
He eats hibiscus, rose, roselle, pinto peanut, mazuri "LS", regular mazuri, opuntia, kale, bokchoy, water spinach, indian lettuce, carrot, and grasses. Soon will be dandelion, geranium, violet (don't know when, the seed keep failing lol, somebody jump out teach me.)
20 Jul '16 - 64gr (start having big appetite after i gave him "water spinach treat" for the 1st time.)
22 Jul '16 - 66gr
30 Jul '16 - 68gr
06 Aug '16 - 71gr
11 Aug '16 - 74gr
17 Aug '16 - 76gr
24 Aug '16 - 82gr
31 Aug '16 - 86gr
07 Sept '16 - 91gr

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Weekly update:
30 Jul '16 - 68gr
06 Aug '16 - 71gr
11 Aug '16 - 74gr
17 Aug '16 - 76gr
24 Aug '16 - 82gr
31 Aug '16 - 86gr
07 Sept '16 - 91gr
14 Sept '16 - 96gr

Fredkas

5 Year Member
They sure do grow fast:)
Yes, i am hoping he will grow 10gr/week because he is bigger now. Today i realize he is starting to grow a new line, excited to see the new growth will be super flat or slight pyramid. And what makes me happy is his mouth is very clean now. It looks like he does not like poop anymore lol.

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
I'm sure that nice consistent weight gain is a great sign. Before too long you will probably miss Toro being small.

Yes you will , especially when he poops !
m0103.gif

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
The two rescues I have at my house are both about 11 pounds. The first time I soaked them and they pooped, I looked down into that mess and decided I didn't even want to reach down and pull them out. I'm not sure I want sulcatas anymore. I can only imagine the chaos that comes out of their rear ends when they are 100 pounds.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
The two rescues I have at my house are both about 11 pounds. The first time I soaked them and they pooped, I looked down into that mess and decided I didn't even want to reach down and pull them out. I'm not sure I want sulcatas anymore. I can only imagine the chaos that comes out of their rear ends when they are 100 pounds.
Speedy only weighs 6 Lbs and his poops put my 9 Lb. Min Pins to shame !

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Wow.. this is it. A preparation from poop attack. How nice all of you giving me a hint lol. Actually i can imagine it, Toro will poop at least half his length and it is two not one. So yes iam in trouble. I need to learn how to make use of his poop as fertilizer soon.

One important thing is i don't feel disgusting towards his poops. I know that is a bunch of vegies grasses weeds mix together. I can grab his poops with my hand. The pees is another story, it smells a bit. GOD!! Anyway, If sulcata is a meat eater, i will not consider adopt one in first place lol.

I considered adopt a radiated tortoise, but i get confirmation that their poops are runny. That is the only things that hold my thought for having radiated tortoise. Until now, i can't make up my mind whether to take one or not. Pheww...

Please please post a pic here with the sulcata in the pic and the poop for size comparison. And tell me about the length of your sulcata. With pees is PERFECT!

Lets talk poops and pees! :D:p:D:p

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Ahhh... there is a funny story, and a bit disgusting.
One holiday day, i put Toro in his soak, he poops normal and i change the water, think i will let him soak a bit longer because i want to clean his enclosure. I did it slowly. Cameback find him with super super brown water, i almost throw up hahaha. He is crazy. He poops very very very a lot, come on, the water became brown-ish, and that is when he just poop his normal one.
I told him he better not losing too much weight and eat more haha.
Then i weight him, from 91gr at night... drop to 80gr. HE IS CRAZY. I AM SHOCKED
Then the other day he is not pooping and back to 90gr and then the second day he poop a little. Now he is normal like usual.
I think he was doing a cleanse of his stomach haha