Growth of Toro, February 2016 Sulcata Tortoise. (Big File Size Alert!!)

Taco*mom

Wow. 103 already?? Taco was 92 last week. Still hard to grasp that sulcata can dump more than 10% of its weight. Good catch fred. You obsessive weighing habit has discovered something new for us. :D

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Wow. 103 already?? Taco was 92 last week. Still hard to grasp that sulcata can dump more than 10% of its weight. Good catch fred. You obsessive weighing habit has discovered something new for us. :D
And i dont see any slow down for this obsessiveness :(:(:oops::oops:. Please post taco pic, here or in another thread, suits yourself, but tag me.;)

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Time for weekly update:
He eats hibiscus, rose, roselle, pinto peanut, mazuri "LS", regular mazuri, water spinach, carrot, and grasses. Soon will be dandelion, geranium, violet (don't know when, the seed keep failing lol, somebody jump out teach me.)
31 May '16 - 57gr (1st day with me)
09 Jun '16 - 62gr (i believe the gain is from water (have slight pyramid))
20 Jul '16 - 64gr (start having big appetite after i gave him "water spinach treat" for the 1st time.)
30 Jul '16 - 68gr
06 Aug '16 - 71gr
11 Aug '16 - 74gr
17 Aug '16 - 76gr
24 Aug '16 - 82gr
31 Aug '16 - 86gr
07 Sept '16 - 91gr
14 Sept '16 - 96gr
21 Sept '16 - 105gr

Taco*mom

I swear I have tried a few times loading up Taco's picture. I even tried the app. But none worked. The app said I don't have permission.. firefox keep on loading on and on it goes.. I tried typing something like this post earlier today but it also didn't get through. Maybe provider on my cell is having trouble? this is getting frustrating. Always such luck with technology

Attachments

• 20160923_160422.jpg
    20160923_160422.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

Fredkas

5 Year Member
It works. Wow taco is handsome. You should post more. Sometimes it loads the picture longer. Crop the picture first so you uploads a smaller size picture. It works everytime.

Taco*mom

It works. Wow taco is handsome. You should post more. Sometimes it loads the picture longer. Crop the picture first so you uploads a smaller size picture. It works everytime.
That's true. I probably should have done that.. not really good with gadget and stuffs

Taco*mom

His beak is all white from the calcium powder I sprinkled on his radicchio this morning. He loves his radicchio

Fredkas

5 Year Member
That's true. I probably should have done that.. not really good with gadget and stuffs
Everybody works from not good to expert. It just the matter of trying and learning :p

I should probaby take more pics of Toro, your pic make me realize they look alike and i have nothing in my hand to prove it haha..

What is radicchio in Indonesian?

Taco*mom

I told ya Toro and Taco are alike. Toro is just lighter in color and a little bit heavier. They are probably sibblings :p

I don't think we have an Indonesian name for Radicchio. In those grocery stores like Carefour, they also wrote Radicchio as their names. It looks a lot like "sawi putih" but not as long. The color is dark purple and white, with sometimes a hint of green color. But most of the time I saw only the purple and white combination. Usually it's on some salad, thinly cut. I immediately set them aside because it's bitter. Maybe torts like bitter vegies? Does anybody knows if sulcata eat bitter mellon (pare)?

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I told ya Toro and Taco are alike. Toro is just lighter in color and a little bit heavier. They are probably sibblings :p

I don't think we have an Indonesian name for Radicchio. In those grocery stores like Carefour, they also wrote Radicchio as their names. It looks a lot like "sawi putih" but not as long. The color is dark purple and white, with sometimes a hint of green color. But most of the time I saw only the purple and white combination. Usually it's on some salad, thinly cut. I immediately set them aside because it's bitter. Maybe torts like bitter vegies? Does anybody knows if sulcata eat bitter mellon (pare)?
Maybe they can produce an offspring :D if of course, turn out to be different sex :tort:
I think i know what is raddichio now.
You can search bitter mellon answer faster from google. Maybe someone ask before at here. Type "bitter mellon tortoiseforum"

Last edited:

Taco*mom

Maybe they can produce an offspring :D if of course, turn out to be different sex :tort:
I think i know what is raddichio now.
You can search bitter mellon answer faster from google. Maybe someone ask before at here. Type "bitter mellon tortoiseforum"
Let us know if Toro likes Radicchio!
Taco and Toro offsprings? That's something to think about :rolleyes:o_O. Hardest part is one of us has to be apart with our tort, considering the distance between us.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Ah yes.. Too far away :D
I want the biggest Sulcata which is obviously should be a male one, but i want the mild and well behave one which is obviously a female. A female, we should concern more about her calcium intake because she is producing age.
Flashing and humping things are not cool if it happens when we have friends come along. o_O

Today is a big sunny day. I should be taking Toro pic but i am too lazy because it is so hot. Toro likes it, i don't. So i just get one photo which is when i want to setup a new cctv. Turn out i cancelled it because it is too hot, the cctv could not handle it, i think.

20160925140235576.jpg

Where is Toro? He is hiding in his biggest shade at right. Can you see it? I install 2 new pond for him (the pic taken before i install it), 1 inside his shade, 2nd just beside his shade, the first one is at the very left which is sometimes too far away (he likes to stay at right environment) i think he forget about the pond haha.

Taco*mom

If you didn't mention his whereabouts, I can never spot where he is in the picture. He is so cute hiding in his shade. Love your postings.