growth on the side of my red foot's head

tom khan

My red foot is around 2 years old, fed regularly, has a wood chip substrate with straw to sleep in, is bathed every day and lives with a bigger red foot tortoise around the same age. I went on holiday and let my brother look after her/him (not sure on the gender) and when i came back there was a small growth on the side of her head. I am not sure if it is an infection or an injury and whether I should treat it or just leave it.
Any help would be appreciated.:)

tom khan

Photo on 13-04-2017 at 19.10 #2.jpg Photo on 13-04-2017 at 19.10 #3.jpg Photo on 13-04-2017 at 19.10.jpg sorry for the not so great quality pictures. It is hard to see it clearly on these pictures

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The picture's not so clear, but it looks like an abscess. There might be a food sliver in there or a piece of substrate. It would be a good idea for a vet to take a look at it. It may need to be lanced and antibiotics administered.

tom khan

The picture's not so clear, but it looks like an abscess. There might be a food sliver in there or a piece of substrate. It would be a good idea for a vet to take a look at it. It may need to be lanced and antibiotics administered.
Thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
video of it here ^
You can see it clearly at 00:40 onwards

I think I might be sea sick! Does it look like it's at the corner of the mouth? Just an injury, then. Needs antibiotics and first aid.

tom khan

I think I might be sea sick! Does it look like it's at the corner of the mouth? Just an injury, then. Needs antibiotics and first aid.
hahah sorry I haven't got the steadiest hand:confused:. Thank you for your help:)