Guess what happened tonight [emoji4]

Turtle girl 98

Location (City and/or State)
Sandstone mn
I'm so sorry. This was just a sad post to follow. You are a good person and turtle mom.
Thank you so much for the kindness. I have certainly tried my hardest to be a good turtle mom. I'm so sad about the ones whom I never got to meet. But I do have bubba and Aberforth. Thank you again for being so kind. I just got done burying the one who had no plastron.. he made it along time given the circumstances.. I had no vets around here to euthanize him. It was so sad to watch when I couldn't do anything

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
My goodness, you've gone through some heart-wrenching moments the last several weeks! I know it's painful and difficult, but I'm SO proud of you! :<3:

If you don't already have it, try to get your hands on a copy of Health Care & Rehabilitation of Turtles and Tortoises (book) by Amanda Ebenhack. Living Art Publishing. Put it on your Christmas wish list, if appropriate. I get the feeling you would get MUCH use out of it. :)

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
My goodness, you've gone through some heart-wrenching moments the last several weeks! I know it's painful and difficult, but I'm SO proud of you! :<3:

If you don't already have it, try to get your hands on a copy of Health Care & Rehabilitation of Turtles and Tortoises (book) by Amanda Ebenhack. Living Art Publishing. Put it on your Christmas wish list, if appropriate. I get the feeling you would get MUCH use out of it. :)
Thank you so so much. You have no idea how happy it made me to hear that. It has been a very hard couple of weeks. I learned alot from every single experience I have had. It all made me realize how much I love helping anything that needs it. They don't always survive and that is the hardest thing I had to learn.. but when they do it's the best feeling because then I know I did help. Even if it was a little tiny bit. I will definitely add that book to my Christmas list! I think I would learn alot from it. Thank you again! Someday I would love to work at a rehabilitation center for the wild. Btw, I found out bubba is a blandings turtle. I did call the DNR because of the species. Learning that he is even more special than I thought was amazing. I wish the others would have survived so I could've made more of a difference in their lives. But I protected the protected the mama and bubba. Most likely when bubba is big enough to be free from predation he will be released to create a whole new group of blandings. That is what I have done with all my babies when I rescue the nests. Thank you guys again for being so kind to me during this period of time.
PS: I'm googling the book fast so I don't forget about it! I am very interested in it!
I couldn't have done any of this without your guys' help. The TFO completes me.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Thank you so so much. You have no idea how happy it made me to hear that. It has been a very hard couple of weeks. I learned alot from every single experience I have had. It all made me realize how much I love helping anything that needs it. They don't always survive and that is the hardest thing I had to learn.. but when they do it's the best feeling because then I know I did help. Even if it was a little tiny bit. I will definitely add that book to my Christmas list! I think I would learn alot from it. Thank you again! Someday I would love to work at a rehabilitation center for the wild. Btw, I found out bubba is a blandings turtle. I did call the DNR because of the species. Learning that he is even more special than I thought was amazing. I wish the others would have survived so I could've made more of a difference in their lives. But I protected the protected the mama and bubba. Most likely when bubba is big enough to be free from predation he will be released to create a whole new group of blandings. That is what I have done with all my babies when I rescue the nests. Thank you guys again for being so kind to me during this period of time.
PS: I'm googling the book fast so I don't forget about it! I am very interested in it!
I couldn't have done any of this without your guys' help. The TFO completes me.
I found a copy of the book on Amazon. There are 3 left I'm stock. On Monday payday I will be ordering it so it doesn't go out of stock on me!! Thank you can't wait.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I found a copy of the book on Amazon. There are 3 left I'm stock. On Monday payday I will be ordering it so it doesn't go out of stock on me!! Thank you can't wait.
If for some reason that doesn't work out, check with your local library (or libraries, depending on whether you have a student or government ID that gets you access to some other collections and resources). You might be able to borrow the book or get the library to add it to their inventory.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Also take a look at www.anapsid.org, Melissa Kaplan's website, when you have a chance. Her site has a wealth of resources for a wide range of reptiles, including specific to turtles. A number of competent exotics veterinarians refer clients to information on that site (and for VERY good reason).

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Also take a look at www.anapsid.org, Melissa Kaplan's website, when you have a chance. Her site has a wealth of resources for a wide range of reptiles, including specific to turtles. A number of competent exotics veterinarians refer clients to information on that site (and for VERY good reason).
Oh thank you! I will definitely go take a peak [emoji3526] I find all of this very interesting. And very helpful!