Guess what species

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Got this guy that was in need of some care. Doing much better now.IMG-20220423-WA0001.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Blood python. Looks like the one they call "black blood python", but I'm not experienced with this species.

I didn't know they allowed non-native snake species on your island. That's pretty cool.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Blood python. Looks like the one they call "black blood python", but I'm not experienced with this species.

I didn't know they allowed non-native snake species on your island. That's pretty cool.
They don't allow them but yet there is no set law. This one is Sumatran Short tailed python, related to Blood python. I am caring for it for its owner.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Full species name Python curtus. This one is called Pumpkin head or Orange head. He came to me after being missing in the bush for a year and loaded with ticks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Full species name Python curtus. This one is called Pumpkin head or Orange head. He came to me after being missing in the bush for a year and loaded with ticks.
I see the species info has evolved since I learned this one decades ago. Sumatran, short tailed, and Bornean python. I only ever knew the "blood python" back in the old days. Its fun learning the others now.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I see the species info has evolved since I learned this one decades ago. Sumatran, short tailed, and Bornean python. I only ever knew the "blood python" back in the old days. Its fun learning the others now.
Yes, I knew them all as Blood pythons too until recently.