Gun ownership thread (GUN CONTENT)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
But what happens if you are out fishing and want to drip anchor, but alas you forgot your anchor! Well no fear if a Sig owner is nearby you have more weight than you need! 🤣. I have a 3rd generation 17 that is my primary CCW it has Truglo tritium sights that are worth their weight in gold in low light.
My very first pistol was a Sig 226. Has the stamp from the Austrian factory and everything. Its a great gun, but the de-cocker along with the DA first pull and the SA second pull were both deal killers for me as a defensive weapon. The weight isn't fun, but that wasn't a deal killer. I shot my first pistol class with it, and quickly realized why I wanted a Glock instead. My wife prefers the Sig, but after 300-400 rounds in a class all day, she starts complaining about the weight.

I have a 17 and love it, but rarely shoot it anymore. I carry the 26 in hot weather, 19 in cold weather, and I shoot the 34 in competitions. I used to use the 17 for competition, but now I'm in love with the 34 for that purpose. All of mine are box stock except I put 3 pound connectors in all of them, so they all have exactly the same pull. Glock triggers suck, but at least they are very consistent from one model to the next.

I can't use night sights. They kill my night vision. I can see the stock sights perfectly well at night. Everyone seems to hate stock Glock sights. Not me. I prefer them over anything else. I've tried other sights and they slow me down tremendously. Its so easy to put that big fat ball in that big wide cup. Finer sights might make it easier to get hits at 100+ yards, but inside 15 yards where the vast majority of my shooting is done, those fine sights slow me down too much.

Dragon

michagin
Did you say knives, lol.

View attachment 341980

There's lots of fun fantasy knives out there.
lol yes iv seen them, i dont have any but iv seen them lol My knives are just ordeny every day knives...oh my friend gave me a dragon neckless ( im into dragons ) you pull down on the tail and it comes off and theres a small knife at the end of the tail ... thats about the fancyest knife i have. lol

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Bingham bolt action 22
"you ain't gonna out shoot 'em boys, you just ain't...............dat boy had nuttin to do all dey fo years but to choot dat gun.....don be messin wit him."

About Right Z?

ok, my "20' pole broke................and I was glad to see your thread take off..................but God a lot of you guys carry weapons....didn't you learn how to fight? LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I love going to the range but my problem is now, vision.....dang, I bought several different magnified field glasses and the #3.0s seems to let me see both sights AND the target I'm servicing. Kerry lives nears a large shooting farm called Schraders that we shoot at time to time. They leave you alone and she loves to plink cans with the .22 drop slide on the caspers. I also prefer it to the 9mm rnds. They are sharp and noisy or maybe I'm just getting softer in my older age?

I'm still trying to get the custom assembled .223 to fit me properly. It is a super sweet piece that I took my time building from ordered separate parts and it fires like warm honey dripping from a pot but I do not like the "assault rifle stance" on my chest, I want it on my shoulder, "where it belongs' so I'm experimenting with butt extenders, pads, 2x4's etc.

Years ago, when I was CE over at Limbach, 2 of my senior estimators were NRA instructors. We all took a "sanity day" to go the Manassas Range that Perry belonged to, for us all to shoot all day. While I had excelled with a rifle earlier, I had never learned to properly fire a hand weapon. They taught me and w/i a half hour, I was in the black at 40yds with the .44 Eagle....a cannon. I'm still lucky to hit anywhere in black @ 25' with my sons dozen or so hand weapons or the caspers though, just not great with hand weapons. Now if Kerry is there and I take my time, I can do much better, I tend to be a trigger puller-to-the-side when firing a hand weapon. The kiss of death.

PSLIMO

5 Year Member
Hi Jeff,

Give the PS90 a try. The 5.7x28 shoots flat and has less recoil than a 556/223. There's a reason the Secret Service and over 40 countries security forces use it.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I was wrong, my upper is a true 1:9 Hbar 4140, YHM 15" free float, rifle length in a 5.56 , my ammo is .223........

I'd love to give that PS90 a try!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Hi Jeff,

Give the PS90 a try. The 5.7x28 shoots flat and has less recoil than a 556/223. There's a reason the Secret Service and over 40 countries security forces use it.

I have shot my buddies class 3 ps90 and it's nice. Just enough barrel for your left index finger to know to back down

PSLIMO

5 Year Member
Another advantage that the 5.7 x 28 has over the 223/556 is portability of the ammo. In a 30mm ammo can you can fit 21 boxes or 420 rounds of 223/556. In that same can you can neatly fit 24 boxes of 5.7 x 28 or 1200 rounds!

20220318_123034_resized.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Another advantage that the 5.7 x 28 has over the 223/556 is portability of the ammo. In a 30mm ammo can you can fit 21 boxes or 420 rounds of 223/556. In that same can you can neatly fit 24 boxes of 5.7 x 28 or 1200 rounds!

View attachment 342005
You're sure right about that!
Lots of ammo is really difficult to find ammo cans for!
Thousands of rounds of ammo and you can only carry a few boxes....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
When I go shooting. I usually use the outdoor range at Markham Park.
High velocity automatics and shot guns are allowed.
But with my handguns. I practice with not really aiming. I just shoot for central mass.
My thinking is that if I ever have to use a weapon for self defense, I won't have time to use the sights

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
"you ain't gonna out shoot 'em boys, you just ain't...............dat boy had nuttin to do all dey fo years but to choot dat gun.....don be messin wit him."

About Right Z?

ok, my "20' pole broke................and I was glad to see your thread take off..................but God a lot of you guys carry weapons....didn't you learn how to fight? LOL
I fought a lot when I was a kid. Though I've never STARTED a fight.
I kind of had a one punch knockout right cross. Like some natural ability.
As an adult, especially if I'm armed, I go way out of my way to not escalate any arguments.

Dragon

michagin
lol when i was a kid the 5 us did a bit of fighting....4 of us were real close in age...and i was the only girl of the 4 we got a rep for not fighting fair....we were not allowed to START a fight...but we were also not allowed to run away from a fight either....and we were taught to take care of each other...( our teachers called us clanish ) so you decided to pick a fight with one of us...it wasnt long before the other 3 showed up and you had a choice....end the fight and walk away or fight the 4 of us. lol I was always surprised when the kid decided to fight all of us.... my little sister is 10 years younger then me...im the oldest living....when she was in kindergarden the dr told us not to let her get upset or anything because the dr heard a swishing noise in her heart and she had to be a spicliest....well there was this little boy who would always pick on her in the playground before school started...well now we couldnt have that! so my little brother he was the shortest walked her off the bus and into the school yard and had her point out the kid... my brother picked him up by his shirt told him to look at our sister and then told him hed BETTER NOT PICK ON HER ANYMORE then put him down and walked away. poor boy was terrified but he NEVER PICKED on our little sister again. As she got older we stoped running interfearence.... turned out her hear was ok...but we did teach her that NOBODY in her grade could hit her harder then we did in play(we were all in our teens) so she had no reason to be scared of anybody...she took that to heart to and became a total terror at school!! ha ha well we couldnt have that either mom taught her the difference between defending yourself and becomming a bully....and us older kids helped in that too....small town everybody knows everything lol and she soon learned to NOT be a bully because we would bully her if she was picking fights or causing fights lol shes been in a few fights over the years but she also took sevearl marshall arts class'es got al the way up to a brown belt in kiw fin do before her eye dr told her she couldnt do it anymore as there was a danger of her retna? i think they said could detatch from her eyes and shed go blind....she still keeps in shape though....

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
This is my favorite carry. It holds five 22 LR stingers. And will fit comfortably in any pocket or in my hand without being seen. My second favorite is a Colt 380 Mustang, my third is (only because of it's larger size) is a Colt 38 Super on a 45 frame. The 38 super is an uncommon round unless you want the + p round.

Attachments

• KIMG0617_01_BURST1000617_COVER.JPG
    KIMG0617_01_BURST1000617_COVER.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 4

PSLIMO

5 Year Member
This is my favorite carry. It holds five 22 LR stingers. And will fit comfortably in any pocket or in my hand without being seen. My second favorite is a Colt 380 Mustang, my third is (only because of it's larger size) is a Colt 38 Super on a 45 frame. The 38 super is an uncommon round unless you want the + p round.

I picked up a V-Mini Laser for mine at Laserlite. Makes it a lot easier to hit a target.

22.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've been mounting these cool LED remote switched lights on my long guns that I found on Ebay.
They handle vibration and heat very well.
A steal at fifteen bucks in my opinion.
But probably not necessary

I lost all my guns in a boating accident a few weeks ago.
Funny
I did too

Attachments

• 20201005_134724.jpg
    20201005_134724.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201005_170652.jpg
    20201005_170652.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 6