Gupta, Asha, Pipa, and their new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I bought myself two more baby Sullies from Tom here of the forum (thank you so much by the way ) to go in with my Gupta
I have named them Asha, and Pipa because they were both incubated to be females.
This is Asha
IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

Asha is the angel haha She has very pretty markings, very pretty for a sullie. Really chill little baby like Gupta
Here is Pipa
IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

Pipa is probably the most unusual tortoise..She has the weirdest spunkiest attitude for a baby Sullie. Way more attitude then Gupta or Asha..thats why there are not as many pictures.
When I pick her up she gives me a look like "HOW DARE YOU!!!" and then proceeds to struggle and kick her little feet a million miles an hour.
Idk she just gives me this look that only means one thing to me ...She is going to be a hand full. So thank you for that Tom.

Gupta and Asha sharing a piece of cactus pad
IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

Here is Gupta..the little man that started it all
IMG_5331.jpg

They all three live in the top 3 by 8 enclosure
Their greek neighbors live below in the 4 by 6 enclosure that use to by Guptas old cage and has been modified to by two feet and six inches tall
IMG_5323.jpg

O wait and I acquired this from my teacher friend that is giving me the Sullie
His name is Mr. Skinkers and he is absolutely amazing.. I hold him all day long
IMG_5354.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Ahh... those pics are fantastic, but hey! They were much cleaner than that when I sent them! :D So glad they are settling in nicely. I love their different personalities. Its so hard to part with them for me. I kept six from those two clutches this time.

I love their names too. Asha is out my girl Bertha. Pipa is out of Chewy and their personalities match their mommies. Scooter, the father, is just like Pipa too, and yes you will have your hands full in the future. :)

I'm very happy for you!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
IMG_5362.jpg

This is the inside of their enclosure.
You can just see a little bitty tortoise in the back corner
I had move the humidity hide to the very middle of the enclosure right under the CHE because Asha would not stop climbing behind it inbetween the wall and hide..she could get in but not get back out lol
Its more humid right there any way.
I have two 100 watt CHE in the metal cages and one 100 watt powersun in the large black dome. Creates a 100-105 degree basking spot. Idk if you can see the seeds but I planted a whole bunch of sulcata food seeds in there around the basking area.
Stays 80 degrees all over :):)
I love this new enclosure, its very large. I hope it lasts three years..anyone think it will last that long?

Tom said:
Ahh... those pics are fantastic, but hey! They were much cleaner than that when I sent them! :D So glad they are settling in nicely. I love their different personalities. Its so hard to part with them for me. I kept six from those two clutches this time.

I love their names too. Asha is out my girl Bertha. Pipa is out of Chewy and their personalities match their mommies. Scooter, the father, is just like Pipa too, and yes you will have your hands full in the future. :)

I'm very happy for you!

My tortoise stay pretty dirty lol they get baths everyday but right after they go back in their peat moss and mulch and get all dirty again!! :)
I love them , I can't wait till they get big and their personalitlies get even bigger with them.
I'm also very proud of their names lol they are just so fitting
I got Asha from the TV SHOW Outsourced (along with Gupta) and Pipa is also an Indian name
They new big male that I am getting very soon will be named Manmeet (also from Outsourced) thats not for sure yet but I really want to haha

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Congrats! You are so lucky to have the opportunity to get them from Tom. They are adorable. You obviously have a huge yard. What a nice way to start the year!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Momof4 said:
Congrats! You are so lucky to have the opportunity to get them from Tom. They are adorable. You obviously have a huge yard. What a nice way to start the year!

I completely agree, this year is going to be a great one!!!
I have a pasture for a yard lol :) I love it, ride the fourwheller everywhere and people don't bother you.
Thank you so much I am very proud of them

Melly-n-shorty said:
very cute little girls and i love the enclosure!

Thanks!! I love your avatar , your little leopard loves that head scratch lol

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
BrinnANDGupta said:
Momof4 said:

I have a pasture for a yard lol :) I love it, ride the fourwheller everywhere and people don't bother you.

Melly-n-shorty said:

Thank you :) i cant wait to see what out babies look like in a few years!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Wow, looks fantastic! So you cut your enclosure and fit it in after all?
They look great. So nice that you have the room for them to grow...

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:

Thanks :) it was really hard building cause I didn't get much help from anyone but I did it ! I had to chop off a foot off the front of it and change it from a four by eight to a three by eight. The front part was angled so that made it easier , I actually like they way it looks now more than before
Good lesson learned on just how I can fit into my room and down the hall lol
Next enclosure I build (there is always more haha) will probably have some way of coming apart and attaching and I may be able to think of a way to make it more light weight

Melly-n-shorty said:
BrinnANDGupta said:
Momof4 said:

Melly-n-shorty said:

Yes totally, I hope I have my own trio of leopards by then :)

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Awesome! Glad you got your camera up and running :) they are beautiful and your enclosure I great, good job.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
BrinnANDGupta said:
lynnedit said:

Thanks :) it was really hard building cause I didn't get much help from anyone but I did it ! I had to chop off a foot off the front of it and change it from a four by eight to a three by eight. The front part was angled so that made it easier , I actually like they way it looks now more than before
Good lesson learned on just how I can fit into my room and down the hall lol
Next enclosure I build (there is always more haha) will probably have some way of coming apart and attaching and I may be able to think of a way to make it more light weight

Melly-n-shorty said:
BrinnANDGupta said:
Momof4 said:

Melly-n-shorty said:

Yes totally, I hope I have my own trio of leopards by then :)

I think that is a great plan! i wish i had the room for more then two :)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I think that is a great plan! i wish i had the room for more then two :)

I have lots of outside room but very limited inside room so I can't fit much more tortoises into my house. That's okay because I don't really want too many more different species..Leopards , maybe some pancakes , I would like have one kind of like forest tortiose. It's hard though cause in texas it gets so hot in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.