GusGus the Tortoise & His Newb Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurusumaji

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Mile High City
Hi everyone!

I'm Yuru and I currently reside in Aurora, CO. I have been an animal lover all my life, but until now I have kept mostly mammals with only one previous lizard in my care.

I recently (about 2 weeks ago) came to own my very first tortoise, GusGus. He is allegedly a Greek Tortoise and I say "he" though I have no idea how to sex a tortoise and therefore actually have no idea what gender my tortoise is.

I never really expected to ever have a tortoise, though I have been fascinated by turtles and tortoises ever since I cared for a Three-Toed Box Turtle while working in a LFS. GusGus was found at PetSmart and was quite the surprise to us. He was climbing all over the place and the poor guy was in that tiny tank with another tortoise.

I am still learning as much as I can about my new arrival and am in the slow process of getting everything just right so that he can have the quality of life that he deserves. He is such a sweet thing and I really adore him a lot. He clunks up against the sides of his terrarium each morning to let me know he's hungry. I feed him and I actually really enjoy sitting there and watching him eat. I just think it's so cute!

I wanted to extend a thank you to this site as a whole. I just got on today and was reading and looking at different topics of interest and it has really helped me get a better idea of how to care for my tortoise. I love the amazing habitats, the extensive discussion on diet and the many great resources offered in one place for new owners, like me, who got confused like crazy by lots of conflicting information coming from lots of different sources. You have made it so much easier for someone like me, who is a complete tortoise newbie, to get a grasp on the best ways to care for my wonderful new charge.

I look forward to meeting all of you. ^_^

2gvr9jp.jpg
1zqtraa.jpg
5eshgn.jpg
30mbigw.jpg
f2lth4.jpg

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
He's so cute!! I love Golden Greeks. :) I'm new to the forum as well. Welcome!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Yuru! Gus Gus is a beauty!

Yurusumaji

5 Year Member
The Mile High City
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone!

GusGus' tank mate at the store was darker than him. I really love GusGus' bright golden coloring.

Status
Not open for further replies.