Happiness is a cozy cave

Canadian Mojo

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
2020-10-23 14.04.46.jpg2020-10-23 14.05.13.jpg
2020-10-23 14.04.55.jpg

Tord enjoying what is probably the last day outside this year. This is his favorite of the three hides in his enclosure. I think it's the combination of being barely big enough for him and about 3x his length is what does it. You literally have to get down on your hands and knees to see if he is in there. It just made out of some old rough patio slates that I back filled around to make a small hill.

Canadian Mojo

Ontario
Last one.

They're not known for being climbers like, say, a Russian, but this is why you cap the corners of your enclosure!
2020-10-23 14.54.49.jpg

Canadian Mojo

Ontario
Looks like great eating there too!!!
You can hear him in there scraping slugs and snails off the walls. :D
The whole enclosure is overgrown like that because I sowed clover, planted weeds and perennials he could eat, and just pull the stuff I don't want. It's a good thing I don't have an HOA to worry about.

lmichaels_22

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Olympia, WA
Awesome! The broad leaf plantain here is starting to quit growing, but while walking the dog I pulled up two huge clumps of the narrow leaf plantain to add to the tortoise garden. I new to these guys and and enjoying learning what they can eat and collect some of my "own" weeds. So really enjoyed seeing all your good munchies!