Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Like the title of the thread says.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

celebrate safely and make sure everyone comes back. Now go celebrate our Independence by blowing up a small part of your country. (note to homeland security people monitoring this forum, that is not a threat)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
HAPPY 4th of JULY to you and everyone else. I'm celebrating sitting in my air conditioned house. Another day of 100 temps and high humidity. Heat index to be up around 110. This is our third day and at least two more days to go:(.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
1355639zzpfkly8qj.gif

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Happy fourth everyone! Great plans for today, BBQ at my sisters :) All of my siblings are going to be there, we haven't all been together in a verrrry long time. Hope everyone has a great day!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
HAPPY 4th of JULY to you and everyone else. I'm celebrating sitting in my air conditioned house. Another day of 100 temps and high humidity. Heat index to be up around 110. This is our third day and at least two more days to go:(.

Sounds a lot like here this last week and in the near future, too. Top it off, the darn cats knocked the fan that was suppose to be blowing the nighttime cooler air into the house out of the window so the house did not get cooled down at all last night. :(

I was just thinking I needed to go into town and get something icy cold to drink and some food, but while there I needed to buy some ground flowers. What is the 4th of July if you don't shoot off some fireworks?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
4th of July here without fireworks this year will mean no houses catching fire:D It is so dry here. We haven't had any accumulative rain falls in I don't know how long:(. We did get my son 240 bottle rockets he doesn't know about and won't know about until it is safe to shoot them off:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
4th of July here without fireworks this year will mean no houses catching fire:D It is so dry here. We haven't had any accumulative rain falls in I don't know how long:(. We did get my son 240 bottle rockets he doesn't know about and won't know about until it is safe to shoot them off:D

See I like the "pretty" fireworks that don't normally cause houses to burn. :D I think here bottle rockets are not even suppose to be sold due to their potential for causing fires. So you can shot them off after the 4th? Here once midnight comes on the fourth, no legal shooting of fireworks are allowed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Once July comes, the illegal fireworks never stop until past Labor Day weekend. I'm not sure if we have a law about when they can't be let off. If we do, almost impossible to enforce, hard to tell where they are actually coming from. Most fireworks are illegal here, but not in Indiana:D which is not far at all. Although I don't go there to buy them, someone else does;):D. I like the pretty ones too. My son, 15, of course likes the load ones.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yeah, my kids use to go for the loud ones too. Of course I kept them pretty limited on how many they could get, out of respect for the four legged family members.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hate the fireworks! I live about a mile from a water park. Every night during July they set off fireworks. Its not so bad now that my old dog is going deaf, but before, when she was younger, it just drove her nutso. Even being in the house didn't help. Poor thing was just scared to death of the loud noise.

What worries me is the wind carrying someone's hot stuff over into my yard or on my roof.

They are only supposed to be allowed to sell the "safe and sane" fireworks here in my town, but people always find ways around it.

I won't breathe easy until its all over.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My poor dog hates them too. Just runs behind a chair and shakes.:( The kind my son has isn't loud enough for her to hear if she is in the house. It's the big m80's I think they are, that I can't shield her from hearing.:(
I am not really fond of them that much either. I would be happy if they out lawed them all together. There is always sick, could make me murder people, animal abuse with fireworks in the news. Makes me ill and wish I could torture them and then kill them. I hate with everything in me animal abusers.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
"...We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."

-The Declaration of Independence (Thomas Jefferson and other authors, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, July 4, 1776)

Happy Independence Day, everybody! :)

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Going to have a few beers and watch the fireworks with my fiancee and family and her family.

Should be great. :)

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
GeoTerraTestudo said:
"...We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."

-The Declaration of Independence (Thomas Jefferson and other authors, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, July 4, 1776)

Happy Independence Day, everybody! :)

I second that sentiment!

No fireworks here, to dry. BBQ with the kids last night and have leftover for tonight -- yeh, no cooking. The kids will be at the other in-laws tonight.

Oh, and like dmmj said, "celebrate safely and make sure everyone comes back"

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I didn't buy or shot any fireworks off, but did go to the top of the hill and as I was talking to Jeff, watched nearby displays going off. Some were really nice ones. Jeff had parked at a truck stop that the fuel desk person had said Jeff could see fireworks from, but sadly hadn't saw a single one. We together were reminiscing about the best display we ever saw that was some where in Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.