Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Happy birthday dude!

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts

@Brian Nicoleau

Have a great day!​
Being honest, I did not receive this notification.
If anyone reads this, I would like to give you the aftermath of what happened to my tortoise. I couldn’t take care of it because my mother just did not listen to me. She couldn’t afford the stuff for the tortoise (which i fully understand) but since I couldn’t really do anything for the tortoise, my mom found someone that does care about tortoises and is obsessed with tortoises. I know it’s good but I don’t know the person and the condition of the tortoise today. I hope she did her research and stuff but I can’t guarantee it. So yeah overall a summarized explanation if you got lost, is that i couldn’t afford the conditions and soon I decided that I had to give it to someone else. The person that I gave it to loves tortoises so much but I don’t know how she’s treating it. I assume she does research if she loves them that much which I hope is the case. Anyways I’ll be open to questions and stuff and I really appreciate the fact that an admin acknowledged me. Farewell and hope you people have a nice day/night in these times.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
The truth is I am not 22 I just threw a number in there cause I did not want strangers to know my age. So I am around your age.I am not giving my specific age cause I still don't want strangers knowing my age. 😖 anyway... I got a job across the street helping my older neighbor and with that money I bought a tortoise and everything for him/her. My parents don't have the money either. But I put all my money into my tortoise. And my parents only pay for the light bill.... And that is 3 bucks a month...so maybe you could try to find a job across the street? It is completely up to you. I just thought I should post this to maybe give you an idea/hope?

(sorry to all those you thought I was 22) 😖

Ps. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
The truth is I am not 22 I just threw a number in there cause I did not want strangers to know my age. So I am around your age.I am not giving my specific age cause I still don't want strangers knowing my age. 😖 anyway... I got a job across the street helping my older neighbor and with that money I bought a tortoise and everything for him/her. My parents don't have the money either. But I put all my money into my tortoise. And my parents only pay for the light bill.... And that is 3 bucks a month...so maybe you could try to find a job across the street? It is completely up to you. I just thought I should post this to maybe give you an idea/hope?

Forgot to add that I have a job. I work at a supermarket so that means I’m able to get the varieties of foods a tortoise would need. Also where I work is half a mile away from like petsmart and the other shop idk what it’s called. Anyways yeah I do have a job and I am seeking on buying a tortoise. I believe I can financially support the tortoise and the only thing I can’t cover are vet fees or something. But with the right care and right amount of saving I believe I would be able to dodge those fees.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts

I can’t lie, I was told I couldn’t take care of it because of my age but it’s not really about age, it’s more about financial status. If your parents are able to support you then you can take care of a tortoise. My parents didn’t care as much and behind my back would give it foods that I really would never give it. Stuff like rice and other things like pieces of fast food. i know! It sounds super absurd but it was the truth. I tried as hard as I couldn’t to stop them but idk their kind of evil and treat it as a human lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well my gosh, Brian. . . this thread was almost two years ago! Glad you came back to us, but so sorry you had to re-home your tortoise.

So you thinking about getting another tortoise? What species is catching your fancy?

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Well my gosh, Brian. . . this thread was almost two years ago! Glad you came back to us, but so sorry you had to re-home your tortoise.

So you thinking about getting another tortoise? What species is catching your fancy?
Idk I really can’t choose a species, you know a species that I can manage even with the fact that I have work and school?

Dragon

michagin
Happy Birthday!!!! and as far as age goes, well that depends on how you feel....some days i feel 16 some days i feel 600!! lol hope you had a wounderful day!!

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Happy Birthday!!!! and as far as age goes, well that depends on how you feel....some days i feel 16 some days i feel 600!! lol hope you had a wounderful day!!
Sorry to be a bummer but my birthday was on sept 8 2006. I really appreciate that your congratulating me but you are mistaken lol

Dragon

michagin
Sorry to be a bummer but my birthday was on sept 8 2006. I really appreciate that your congratulating me but you are mistaken lol
lol well im sure youve had other birthdays since 2006 lol we'll just say that i was wishing you a happy birthday for all the years before i met you lol i must really learn to look at dates on messages lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

🤗 Really I don't look at age much... especially at my age. I'm trying my best to forget it 🤣