Happy Birthday Kelly (cvalda)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
i hope you have a great birthday! do you have anything special planned?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Happy Birthday Kelly!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks much!

Nothing planned for today, but tomorrow my best friend is taking me, my son and a friend of his to the bi-weekly Reptile Show in Chicago, and I've talked to the guy who runs it and he said at the last show there were Red-Foots, Russians, Pancakes, Yellow-Foots, Elongated Torts, Leopards, and Burmese Browns, and that he might be bringing some Cherryheads... So chances are GREAT I'll see some nice torties and hopefully come home with a birthday baby!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Here's a little chocolate and I thought I'd through in some Strawberries for your shelled babies, So everyone can share in this special day.
Happy Birthday Kelly ! !
cake3a.jpg

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Happy Birthday Kelly, Hope you have a great day tomorrow at the reptile show!!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Happy Birthday Kelly :D I hope your having a great day :D

Danny

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Happy Birthday!! Have a great day at the reptile show!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks everyone! I was tired and cranky most of the day! LOL! Figures, huh?!?! Does moodiness come with old age? (yah riped ole' 33!)

Looking forward to tomorrow tho'!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
OKay back and I can tell you about the Chicagoland Animal Hobbyist Expo that Lee Watson puts on. I really enjoyed it there, there was SOOOO much to see and so many types of reptiles! Some awesome tortoises - a Greek, several Cherryheads, a YF pair, a HUGE single YF, a handful of Russians, several Sulcata (many babies, then three different sizes of larger ones), and of course regular RF's, one was SOOOO gorgeous and another was HUGE!!! I was THIS close to getting the gorgeous RF (about 6" with the prettiest coloring I've ever seen), but I ended up getting three 5-week old hairless rats instead! :p GO FIGURE! But I have so many Torts coming in the next month, so I'm good!

Also both my son Deontay and his friend got baby Pac-Man Frogs (so cute... for now.... not too sure how I'll feel when they're eating adult mice...) And my friend that came along got a baby Beardie!

Here are the ratties:

Mr. Hawes & Mr. Locke:
103_7279.jpg

and this is Kabacadabra:
103_7277.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Kelly, I can't believe you made it out of there without a tort! But I knew you couldn't walk away empty handed! LOL I have never seen a hairless rat. Kind of feel bad for the things. Bet they get cold.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
jlyoncc1 said:
Kelly, I can't believe you made it out of there without a tort! But I knew you couldn't walk away empty handed! LOL I have never seen a hairless rat. Kind of feel bad for the things. Bet they get cold.

LOL - I figured she come out with a tort for sure!! I was waiting all weekend to see what you got. Your rats are very cute, my son wanted a rat but then he got the snake and figured they wouldn't make very good companions. Frogs eating mice??? don't know how I would do with that either.. Congrats on your new rats. Hope you had a good birthday!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL I know, it was a TOTAL miracle that I came out without a tort, because there were plenty there that I WANTED! I actually practiced some restraint! WHOA! Mark it on the calendar! LOL! But it was easier to "just say no", knowing that my SPiders from Danny will be here this week!!!!!!!!! And then three RF's from Terry in a couple more weeks!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yeah you have a bunch comin, much easier that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.