Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This a.m. I opened my incubator to see if it was moist enough in there and was surprised by one of Fat Betty's eggs having hatched! Fat Betty if you remember, is the rescued female Russian that laid 3 eggs for me on April 30th. 68 days to hatch! That seems like a short time to me. The other two eggs don't look promising. The little guy is perfectly round and just adorable!

As I was closing the lid of the incubator I noticed something else, moved the moss aside and saw that three of the eastern box turtle eggs are also hatching! What a nice birthday present for me, huh?

Yvonne

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Happy Birthday Yvonne! Looks like great presents to me :)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Yay!!!!! It's always nice to get a surprise like that!! Congrats and you know we want pics!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jlyoncc1 said:
Yay!!!!! It's always nice to get a surprise like that!! Congrats and you know we want pics!

Silly me!! to think I could post such a message and NOT put up pictures!! Here's Fat Betty's offspring. If its female I'm leaning towards the name Large Marge (I would be stealing that name from someone who has already named a female Russian that, but I really like it!)

FatBettyoffspring-2.jpg

FatBettyoffspring.jpg

And here are the hatching T. carolina carolina eggs...now four!!

easternhatching.jpg

I already have some 3-toed baby box turtles, so I don't have to set up a habitat for the Easterns...but had to hurry and set up something for Large Marge. She has already taken a few bites of salad. It had been about a week since I looked in the incubator, so she might be older than a day or so. No yolk sac on her plastron.

Yvonne

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Your posting was so awesome; it really made me smile ~ and Yes, what a great b-day present ~ You've become a Gramma! LOL! Many, many congrats and well wishes your way to you and your lil' blessings!

Purpod

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yvonne, Congratulations on Large Marge and your baby boxies. I have never seen a baby Russian before. Thank you for posting her pic. What a great B-bay present ( I checked the calander and I didn't see your Birthday listed on it?). She is so tiny and perfectly round and cute. Babies who can resist.
Again Congrats.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Love the name and she is a little chubby one isn't she. (see thinking positive thoughts on it being a female :D). What a wonderful way to be spending your birthday.

Lil' Tortie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Central TX
Congratulations and happy b-day! :) Geez, how i wish my torts have eggs and hatched... :D

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Thats a great Birthday present Yvonne :D I think Large Marge has a bit of growing to do to live up to her name. :p She looks great as do the Easterns. Excellent pictures. :D

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.