HAPPY "STEP" FATHERS DAY

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I think most of us look at kids as kids, doesn't matter where they came from but good for you for noting that all too often, we raise kids, not really ours, but ours. Most fathers, like you, could never "not love" a child or a person based on who sired them.....and if they live in your home, they're your responsibility....pretty plain and simple!

Sometimes we just help out. Kerry and I are not married so her kids are hers & their fathers.....but you know how it goes....they are in their early 20's, I've known them 9 yrs. When Kerry's son crossed the desert from Phoenix to LA a week or so ago, I was glad I was his 1st call when his bike broke down but I hope that he called his father yesterday. I don't "play daddy" to them, I assume more of a mentor role, showing by example how to love, work and live. I did not tell Kerry that he had broken down and had called me. I had told him on the phone that I would leave that up to him to come clean with Mom after she warned you not to go. LOL

Kerry called me a "ratfink" for keeping his distress a secret..............I called it, "building trust credit"