1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Has Anyone Bought From LLLReptile?

Discussion in 'General Tortoise Discussion' started by Aurum0, Jul 16, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Aurum0

Aurum0 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Florida
    Hi there. I am interested in ordering a sulcata tortoise baby from them. Is it something I should do or is it a bad idea?
  2. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member Tortoise Club

Chicago, Illinois, USA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Buy from a breeder.
    I have purchased 3 chameleons from them and they all died within 3 months. I cant say it was their fault but they dont raise what they sell.
    Buying from a good reputable breeder is much better.
    GoodOne likes this.
  3. Kapidolo Farms

Kapidolo Farms Well-Known Member 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

South of Southern California, but not Mexico
    They are a local brick and mortar chain where I live in southern California. Most locals who are 'in the know' will not buy live animals from them. As better as they may be then at least some big box pet stores, it is not enough better to look away from actual breeders of the animal you may seek.

There are many sulcata breeders listed in the TFO marketplace, https://tortoiseforum.org/forums/for-sale.26/ . that there is no comparison to what you will find in any pet shop.
  4. Billna the 2

Billna the 2 Well-Known Member

Smoaks sc
    Buy from a breeder
  5. SweetGreekTorts

SweetGreekTorts Well-Known Member

Tucson, AZ
    I have only purchased reptile supplies from them. I agree with those who recommend buying from a breeder, they take much better care of their tortoises and you'll get one that is much healthier. Sulcatas are popular so you'll easily find a breeder. Babies are always available.