Has anyone bought from Woody's Reptiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk2610

5 Year Member
I want to get a baby leopard and searched several places. Most of them have hatchlings just a month old and this breeder Woody's Reptiles has babies that are 4-8 months old. After losing two babies, I feel more comfortable with a little established ones. I wonder has anyone bought tortoises from this place before?

Their price is very reasonable but it has to be shipped out from AZ. I am a little unsure of getting a baby shipped. What if it gets banned or flipped over in transit...

Of course, I am also considering getting a GPP baby from Tom after reading more on his way of raising the babies.

Need some help in making the decision.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
pk2610 said:
Of course, I am also considering getting a GPP baby from Tom after reading more on his way of raising the babies.

I have not, but if/when I get another tort or two, I will get them from Tom too

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Hi, when i got my sulcata from woodys he can very well packaged in a little tupperware inside a styrofoam box(tupperware was sucured in those styrofoam peanuts) which was then inside a cardboard box with live perishable keep upright writtien in orange on the box. he also had a cool pack in with the styrofoam peanuts since it was a little warm when i had him shipped. I dont see how you could ship a reptile more secured than he did unless you were delivering it yourself.
I would highly consider getting your tortoise from Tom tho since we all know the way he raisies his babies. Im not sure how woody's keep their tortoises but going with a tortoise from Tom you will know their were no steps skipped in raising a healthy tort. although... you better make sure Tom is willing to part with one first! Either choice you make I think you will be very pleased.

pk2610

5 Year Member
WallieTheTortoise said:
is it "The Woody's Reptiles" or "Woody Reptiles"?
It's The Woody's Reptiles" and the owner name is James I believe.

SulcataSquirt said:
Hi, when i got my sulcata from woodys he can very well packaged in a little tupperware inside a styrofoam box(tupperware was sucured in those styrofoam peanuts) which was then inside a cardboard box with live perishable keep upright writtien in orange on the box. he also had a cool pack in with the styrofoam peanuts since it was a little warm when i had him shipped. I dont see how you could ship a reptile more secured than he did unless you were delivering it yourself.
I would highly consider getting your tortoise from Tom tho since we all know the way he raisies his babies. Im not sure how woody's keep their tortoises but going with a tortoise from Tom you will know their were no steps skipped in raising a healthy tort. although... you better make sure Tom is willing to part with one first! Either choice you make I think you will be very pleased.
Thanks for the info... were you dealing wih James, the owner of the company?
How does your sulcata turn out? Is she a healthy baby?

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Squirt is now 16 months old and healthy as can be! And we also dealt with the main man there. Here's a recent pic of our baby.
Sorry didn't work the first upload.. heres the pic for you.
11c8cuq.jpg

Attachments

• image-3339583764.png
    image-3339583764.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 27

pk2610

5 Year Member
SulcataSquirt said:
Squirt is now 16 months old and healthy as can be! And we also dealt with the main man there. Here's a recent pic of our baby.
Sorry didn't work the first upload.. heres the pic for you.
11c8cuq.jpg
OMG Squirt is so adorable and looks like a very active tort. Thanks for share your experience with Woody's and the pic.

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
If you look at all their pictures of their tortoises as adults they are as smooth as can be and the pictures of the babies look good too. It also shows the enclosure that he keeps them in.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
ewam said:
If you look at all their pictures of their tortoises as adults they are as smooth as can be and the pictures of the babies look good too. It also shows the enclosure that he keeps them in.
that is always a good sign

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Know nothing about Woody's, first-hand, but don't believe you could go wrong dealing w/ Tom...w/ him, you know the tort was lovingly raised. :cool::cool::cool:

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Posts and replies like this scare me.......The progression of social media and forums are fun and all, but they certainly aren't an end all, be all situation......

There are plenty of people with Leopards or Sulcatas in the size range your looking for, kept the way you want them raised, and ready and willing to deal to get you the Tortoise you want. Shipping should not be an issue. I've yet to have a DOA Turtle/Tortoise in two years, shipping many species on a weekly basis. The point is - Do your reasearch, ask questions, and don't go with the first person you find, or the most popular. Go with who you feel right with. Keeping Tortoise hatchlings humid or damp isn't a new concept. I know quite a few people that have been doing this since the early 90's, they just weren't vocal about it. One thing keeping these animals has taught me, is a level of patience I never knew I could have.......I've found this also applies most when trying to find a new animal......

Status
Not open for further replies.