Has anyone dehydrated zucchini?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
I stumbled upon an article about drying them as human “chips” and also grated. Just wondering if anyone had every tried it?

Probably not, as zucchini is pretty easy to get year round. Just wondering.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I have. similar to apple chips in texture. Ive got a lot squash in my garden, I think I might dehydrate some.

Wolfpackin

Colorado
I don't feed my Greek the zucchini "fruit" but I do feed the leaves and flowers.

I have naturally dried a small amount of both the leaves and flowers and put them in a mason jar.
I think they will hold up OK.
Now that our plants are starting to die off I'm going to try cutting of a bunch of leaves and using a dehydrator.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
See, I was just thinking the same thing kinda. I’ve got 3 large rose of Sharron bushes that need some good old fashioned trimmings and I was thinking of drying them to keep. Whatcha all think?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
There are actually a couple of threads active right now on dehydrating; lots of Rose of Sharon mentions in there. I think they are mostly named “winter” foods or there is one titled “tortoise cookies” that I believe has multiple posts.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
See, I was just thinking the same thing kinda. I’ve got 3 large rose of Sharron bushes that need some good old fashioned trimmings and I was thinking of drying them to keep. Whatcha all think?

Yes... Rose of Sharon flowers and leaves easily dehydrate (either in a dehydrator or oven or sun-dried).