Has anyone seen these vids of turtles on YouTube?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Has anyone seen these barnacle removal vids on YouTube?
His channel is filled with these vids, kind of like those ear wax removal videos lol.
All his video titles say sea turtles but looks to me like freshwater turtles or am I mistaken?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow that turtle had quite a forest on him. It definitely looks like a freshwater turtle but didn't know there were barnacles in freshwater.
The guy does a good job.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes. I saw one with a red ear. Poor thing had half shells, coral along with barnacles glued on his shell all for the sake of someone being able to be the hero of the video. If it's the same guy he needs to be reported for animal cruelty

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes. I saw one with a red ear. Poor thing had half shells, coral along with barnacles glued on his shell all for the sake of someone being able to be the hero of the video. If it's the same guy he needs to be reported for animal cruelty
If that is a freshwater turtle the barnacles had to have been planted on it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What about brackish water? Do barnacles live in brackish? I never heard of them in freshwater.
They're probably not live. If you look closely at the array of shells it looks like a variety that comes in a bag from a shop.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Has anyone seen these barnacle removal vids on YouTube?
His channel is filled with these vids, kind of like those ear wax removal videos lol.
All his video titles say sea turtles but looks to me like freshwater turtles or am I mistaken?
100% faked for views

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Hope the turtles didn’t get hurt from the scraping.
They don't care. It takes months for barnacles to grow and they just glue crap on freshwater turtles backs and throw them in the ocean.All they want is the views and the revenue from the video