Has anyone tried creating an indoor enclosure using this?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
People have used the raised garden bed greenhouses. The floor and not being able to move it is the only issue I remember seeing. Putting a piece of plywood under I think was the solution.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi Lisa,

I think I understand you are considering using this indoors over winter. Would you place it on a Table with enclosures underneath, or over a tortoise table as a whole? It seems like it would allow greater climate control from the room the enclosure is in.

There are solid small greenhouses/coldframes that could work as well like this

http://www.wayfair.com/Gardman-Rais...onate-Cold-Frame-Greenhouse-7651-GXM1041.html

If you already have an indoor enclosure that the Strong Camel will easily fit, it looks like a good option.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Hi Lisa,

I think I understand you are considering using this indoors over winter. Would you place it on a Table with enclosures underneath, or over a tortoise table as a whole? It seems like it would allow greater climate control from the room the enclosure is in.

There are solid small greenhouses/coldframes that could work as well like this

http://www.wayfair.com/Gardman-Rais...onate-Cold-Frame-Greenhouse-7651-GXM1041.html

If you already have an indoor enclosure that the Strong Camel will easily fit, it looks like a good option.
I am considering using this for an indoor winter enclosure because it has a floor space of 5 feet by 6 feet. I don't plan on covering multiple enclosures with it. I am trying to house a sub adult redfoot for the winter and thought that would give him a decent amount of space. I adopted him a couple of weeks ago and he has been spending his days outside and his nights indoors. Obviously that won't work in the winter in Cleveland. He is about 8.5 inches SCL and almost 3.5 lbs. I figured this greenhouse would help hold in heat and humidity for the winter. As for the "floor" of the enclosure, I haven't figured that part out yet. Anyway, I don't think any coldframes are going to be large enough for a subadult redfoot.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I am considering using this for an indoor winter enclosure because it has a floor space of 5 feet by 6 feet. I don't plan on covering multiple enclosures with it. I am trying to house a sub adult redfoot for the winter and thought that would give him a decent amount of space. I adopted him a couple of weeks ago and he has been spending his days outside and his nights indoors. Obviously that won't work in the winter in Cleveland. He is about 8.5 inches SCL and almost 3.5 lbs. I figured this greenhouse would help hold in heat and humidity for the winter. As for the "floor" of the enclosure, I haven't figured that part out yet. Anyway, I don't think any coldframes are going to be large enough for a subadult redfoot.
I see better. For a floor you might consider those blue plastic children pools. They are a semi hard plastic (not inflatable). Some are pretty big and they make a decent tortoise pen.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Never used it personally but I don't see why it wouldn't work. 5x6 is a decent indoor size if it's just for the winter. Obviously bigger is always better but this is big compared to what most people offer.

You could make a 5'x6' frame with 2"x10"s and put it on a piece of plywood. That will make your enclosure base and this tent will be your cover..

If you try it, let us know how it works.