has anyone used a exo terra terrarium for a tortoise

jededia

were looking at getting the largest one for our red footed tortoise for the winter months, in the summer he has an outside place. is it enough room? 36 length by 18?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
were looking at getting the largest one for our red footed tortoise for the winter months, in the summer he has an outside place. is it enough room? 36 length by 18?
It would only be suitable for a baby or very small one.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The cost for the short time you'd b able to use is isn't worth it. A couple large tote boxes that can be connected together would be cheaper and can be added onto as he grows to give more room. The big Christmas tree storage boxes that are now out are cheaper and can be connected together to make a bigger space

MissFreshRR

Southern Cali
i agree, it would only be comfortable for a baby. I have a baby sulcata in a 20 gallon long tank and it's barely suitable, i'll be having to upgrade very soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have one that came with a box turtle that was turned in to my Rescue. It's bigger than I pictures before having seen one, but it's still too small for an adult tortoise. I probably would never use it because hatchlings need a humid environment and it would be too much trouble to water proof the thing.