Has my 10 year old tortoise passed away ?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I am so sorry.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I just feel so heartbroken for you and your parents! ?
The not knowing why is as painful as the loss itself. ?
I'd like to hear more about him. How did your family come to have him? What's his name? Did you find out what kind he is?

Liannep

Pontypridd
I just feel so heartbroken for you and your parents! ?
The not knowing why is as painful as the loss itself. ?
I'd like to hear more about him. How did your family come to have him? What's his name? Did you find out what kind he is?
His name was Trevor.. my parents bought him for my daughter back in 2010 as when we were in Turkey she fell in love with the Tortoise in the area. My daughter is heartbroken.. he was a Hermans.. the hardest part is not knowing why. We feel gutted as maybe we could have prevented it somehow.. thanks so much for your kindness xx

ZenHerper

New Jersey
His name was Trevor.. my parents bought him for my daughter back in 2010 as when we were in Turkey she fell in love with the Tortoise in the area. My daughter is heartbroken.. he was a Hermans.. the hardest part is not knowing why. We feel gutted as maybe we could have prevented it somehow.. thanks so much for your kindness xx
(((hugs)))

Spring is the most hazardous season of the year for reptiles. At the end of brumation the immune, cardiovascular, metabolic, and other bodily systems are at their lowest point. Reviving and charging back up to active status is complex and energetically costly...anything going even a bit wrong can unbalance the entire system.

So sorry your family is going through this!

Liannep

Pontypridd
(((hugs)))

Spring is the most hazardous season of the year for reptiles. At the end of brumation the immune, cardiovascular, metabolic, and other bodily systems are at their lowest point. Reviving and charging back up to active status is complex and energetically costly...anything going even a bit wrong can unbalance the entire system.

So sorry your family is going through this!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
None at all unfortunately.. we ate gutted but now sure he's gone ??
I'm so very sorry. Sending hugs to you, your parents, and your daughter. I truly do understand how you feel.

My Chug died a year ago, and I still cry over him. But I am blessed...I have a new tortoise that I adore, a 3 year old male Burmese Star.

Bless you...maybe your daughter will want another tort. There are so many that need loving homes.

Good night...not staying up til 3:00 this AM! ?

Liannep

Pontypridd
I'm so very sorry. Sending hugs to you, your parents, and your daughter. I truly do understand how you feel.

My Chug died a year ago, and I still cry over him. But I am blessed...I have a new tortoise that I adore, a 3 year old male Burmese Star.

Bless you...maybe your daughter will want another tort. There are so many that need loving homes.

Good night...not staying up til 3:00 this AM! ?
She had mentioned it. We will have alook for her xx

Mattesj

Spain
I would wait until he either gets rigormortis (stiff legs won’t move even when pulled) or starts to stink. Just to be sure. But that may be too gross for some.