Hatchling on Vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4Nancy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I am going home (three hour drive) for a few days and want to bring my new hatchling with me to meet the family. I cannot take his regular table with me because of an over-stuffed car. Would it be too stressful to give him a smaller temporary home for at most four days? Also if I were to do this how big/small should it be and should I set it up like a miniature version of his big table? He is a teeny guy, no bigger than an inch but his current table is like two feet by four feet so he has a lot of room normally. I want him to meet the family but I don't want to stress him out. What do I do? Help!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When I had my leopard as a hatchling, I took him with me, on a 4 hour long weekend, as I only had him for three weeks. I did make a small version of his reg. enclosure. He was perfectly fine and still is. Of course that was two years ago.

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
My hatchling was shipped to me from NJ (I live in WV) overnight. After a soak he was as active as can be, so I'm sure your hatchling will be safe. Probably get a small little dark box for him with some soft substrate, and bring your small enclosure along to put him in once you're there. The smaller/darker box will make him feel secure, and will prevent him from potentially being moved around too much.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.