eating009.jpg

eating006.jpg

eating005.jpg

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Awesome!
Is That Small Pieces of cactus over Lettuce?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
It does help the hatclings get the feel of it when its cut small for them if they have never had it before..

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
A nice start for them. Ours loves the cactus too, which is great for them. Nice hatchlings!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Thanks Jacob, just cactus

Jacob said:
Awesome!

It was the first time feeding for one of them in there and I try to make it easy... for now.

dalano73 said:
It does help the hatclings get the feel of it when its cut small for them if they have never had it before..

:D

coreyc said:
Jacob said:
Awesome!

What does the title say ?:p it's cactus

Thanks Christy. Love the pics of your torts as well. This is the first forum Ive ever been apart of. Wish I had more pics of past years hatchlings, but after a couple of computers... well. I do have some pre digital camera photos here somewhere.

TortieLuver said:
A nice start for them. Ours loves the cactus too, which is great for them. Nice hatchlings!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Paul, What you do is a constant for us with all our hatchlings. My favorite food for a torotise! We grow our own and I have several other large sources that I get large amounts for free. Just love cactus for tortoises, the perfect food!

2u8f7ut.jpg

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I agree Greg. Over the years I've offered all sorts of weeds, mixed greens, hibiscus flowers and leaves and Mazuri as a first food and none of them draw the attention from my hatchlings like cactus. They will eat all the other stuff, but not with the same tenacity.

ALDABRAMAN said:
Paul, What you do is a constant for us with all our hatchlings. My favorite food for a torotise! We grow our own and I have several other large sources that I get large amounts for free. Just love cactus for tortoises, the perfect food!

2u8f7ut.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I only feed the new tender ones that we grow here on our property to insure safety, meaning w/o pesticides, etc...

Your hatchlings look perfect, very nice sir....

Tortoise-Luke

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
I only feed the new tender ones that we grow here on our property to insure safety, meaning w/o pesticides, etc...

aldabraman with all your tortoises i cant imagine how many plants you would need to feed your own!! hahah

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tortoise-Luke said:
ALDABRAMAN said:

aldabraman with all your tortoises i cant imagine how many plants you would need to feed your own!! hahah

We have alot, thank goodeness for all my "other sources" for cactus. LOL.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I need to find a few sources to get some from while mine are getting established....

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Thats goos John, its yours. So far its the only one that dark. My wife asked if we can keep that one, I told her its going to Jersey. :)

John

5 Year Member
Man the story of my life, women always wanting whats mine. lol, The enclosure is all set up and ready to go. May have a couple other people I know out here on the East coast that may want some I will email ya with details.:D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Don't know how this one got by me...this is the ULTIMATE hatchling paradise! I've been offering the youngsters chopped cactus from the start and it's really their favorite by far! A couple of whirls in the food processor and PRESTO! I have to tell you guys, if you're getting your cactus from Rivenrock.com...you can't beat it...it's all organically grown! But, I just ordered 20 pounds from Tyler...and he sent me 25. And let me tell you, this stuff is DYNAMITE! I can feed the four little ones and Aladar off one pad...plus it grows fast! Already have 4 pads planted and they're rooting! So, if you haven't checked out Tortoisesupply.com yet...you need to seriously consider it! Hey Paul...do you grow your own? Love to see some shots if you do. Also, do you ever offer aloe?

John

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
Don't know how this one got by me...this is the ULTIMATE hatchling paradise! I've been offering the youngsters chopped cactus from the start and it's really their favorite by far! A couple of whirls in the food processor and PRESTO! I have to tell you guys, if you're getting your cactus from Rivenrock.com...you can't beat it...it's all organically grown! But, I just ordered 20 pounds from Tyler...and he sent me 25. And let me tell you, this stuff is DYNAMITE! I can feed the four little ones and Aladar off one pad...plus it grows fast! Already have 4 pads planted and they're rooting! So, if you haven't checked out Tortoisesupply.com yet...you need to seriously consider it! Hey Paul...do you grow your own? Love to see some shots if you do. Also, do you ever offer aloe?

I also get mine from Tyler, and I do feed Aloe every now and then, my leopards seem to like it just as much as the cactus, Ive also begun offering jade plant recently and they like that as well.:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
squamata said:
DeanS said:

I also get mine from Tyler, and I do feed Aloe every now and then, my leopards seem to like it just as much as the cactus, Ive also begun offering jade plant recently and they like that as well.:)

Yeah! Tom had mentioned the Jade to me once before and it completely slipped my mind...sounds like a new addition to the succulent garden;P

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Dean, there are a few cactus that I offer along with aloe. I have never tried Jade plant, but might give it a try. All I know is the hatchlings devour cactus more than anything offered. Dont know what type of cactus is in the first pic, but they love it. I have a bunch in containers around the house.

eating013.jpg

eating014.jpg

succulents004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.