Haven't found any poop in 2 weeks

khaiqha

Location (City and/or State)
texas
So my red foot lives in an outdoor enclosure, 16x10 area. There's water, grass, plants, hides, heated dog house. Avg temp is 90 high, 80s mid, 70s night. Humidity is 60-95%, depending on the rain or if i just misted.

He's 15 years old, male, 10lbs, I've owned him for two weeks.

He eats well - dandelion greens, hibiscus, kale, artisan lettuce, mango, strawberries, zucchini, grass, tuna, pellets.

I. Cannot. Find his poop.

I soak him every other day when it doesn't rain for 5 - 10min. I've seen him drink water 3x. He doesn't poop during his soaks. I've digged through his substrate.

He's active when I'm around, just hides when I'm not there (unless I'm not waking early enough to see him?). It's gotten to where he pokes his head out when I come into his enclosure, and he follows me looking for food.

At this point, is it possible he's eating his poop? Could ants, worms, and plants just devour his poop? Is he burying his poop? Should I be worried and take him to the vet? It rains every 5-7 days, is the rain just dissolving it? I'm so confused!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would be pretty hard to find poop in an outdoor enclosure. Since the tortoise is eating and otherwise acting normal, I wouldn't worry about not seeing any poop.

khaiqha

texas
Just found his first poop today! It looked, well, healthy, was easy to clean up. The last part of I am working on his keeping his heated house up on humidity.

Here's a pic of his enclosure.
20200521_172100.jpg