Having a Panic attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I was down cleaning and rearranging my leo hatchlings enclosure today. While doing so, I saw 2 bubbles come out of one hatchlings one nostril. He used his leg to wipe his face. He does not seem lethargic although neither seemed too interested in eating. They were spending more time exploring the new arrangement. Under the basking light is usually 90-100, cooler end between 75 and 80. The humidity is currently at 45 but I have to see what it ends up at beings that I was redoing the enclosure and adding peat and water. I watched him probably for another 45 min or so and saw no more bubbles. I don't know if he was in the water dish before I got down there or not. Please give me your input, I am a bit freaked out.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Just keep a close eye on him. If you see more mucus or he stops eating it's time to see a vet. What are the night time temperatures?

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Dan, I have not seen any more bubbles. My night temp is about 74. Where should my humidity be?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Your humidity is just fine and so are your temperatures.

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks - I think I may have had it a little to dry before redoing it this am. That is why I added more peat to help retain humidity. Hopefully the bubbles were just a quirk. They did eat a bit this afternoon. I will just have to keep a close eye tomorrow. I was staring for so long today, I kept going cross-eyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.