Hawaii trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I hope I am posting in the right spot, In june my turtle club is going to hawaii to see the green sea turtles who bask on the land, the only ones in the world known to do this, they are protected by a all volnteer group. But we wil be given behind the secens access to the turtles( no touching though lol)I wil be taking lots of pics to share with you guys and girls,also I will be posting them on my myspace page. the trip starts on june 21 and ends the 25 so I will be relaxing for a week in hawaii. just wanted to let you know and I hope I get a lot of great pics, I am taking an extra memory card along so I can take lots.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awww wow ! I look forward to seeing the pics - you're so lucky! Apparently theres a kind of trip like that to Oman, our neighboring state.....must find out :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Lucky you :D
Wow, I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun and learn a lot :D. I wish I could do a trip like that but there is not turtle or tortoise club where I live! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
dmmj, Is that the Chino chapter? I recall a member coming to my chapters meeting and inviting anyone who wanted or could attend that trip. Boy I wish I could have gone. But working for the State and having a 10% cut in pay with another 5% looming in the near futue, prevented me from making those commitments. Perhaps I will be able to attend one in the future.
For now I will live vicariously through you.:p :)

So have a great trip and we expect to hear all about it (with pics) when you return. :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Crazy1 said:
dmmj, Is that the Chino chapter? I recall a member coming to my chapters meeting and inviting anyone who wanted or could attend that trip. Boy I wish I could have gone. But working for the State and having a 10% cut in pay with another 5% looming in the near futue, prevented me from making those commitments. Perhaps I will be able to attend one in the future.
For now I will live vicariously through you.:p :)

So have a great trip and we expect to hear all about it (with pics) when you return. :)

It was originally started at the foothill chapter but the person who thought of and planned the trip opened it to every chapter and whomever wanted to go, so it is the same trip, unfortunatly not a lot of people are going with the way the economy is. Last I heard only about a dozen are going The good news for those who could not go this time is I think a future trip in a couple of years is being planned. remember lots and lots of pics

chadk

10 Year Member!
Sounds fun. My dad used to live on Maui and my favorite part of the trip when I would visit was snorkeling with the sea turtles. My dad new some great beaches off the beaten path that were regular hangouts of the turtles. Very neat animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.